End Of The Chase (nascar)

danc

Well this is it today guys. Last race of the year and the day that Jimmie Johnson finally wins his title. Or is it? Barring any kind of disaster he should win handily, but anything can happen. I look for Jimmie to run near the front but not to push for the win. And except for a few guys, most drivers will give him plenty of elbow room. I'd hate to be the guy that screws up and takes him out.

Any other predictions?

No predictions, but I finally took your advice and brought a HDTV to my den and got it fired up late Tuesday. Just as you said, it's great. So great that I bought the same set for my bedroom Friday. Racin' at my house will be better than ever today.

I won't be answering my phone during the race.

No predictions, but I finally took your advice and brought a HDTV to my den and got it fired up late Tuesday. Just as you said, it's great. So great that I bought the same set for my bedroom Friday. Racin' at my house will be better than ever today.

I won't be answering my phone during the race.

Oh man Connie. Only one race in HD and then you'll have to wait 3 months to see another one? LOL

Enjoy the race and the TV Bud. You're gonna love it!! :thumbsup_anim:

Good on Jimmy if he wins the championship. He's a class act. I'm an psuedo Earnhardt Junior fan (throwback from being a senior fan) but wouldn't have minded seeing Mark Martin win a championship either. Too bad he's got no chance now. They're all lucky "Smoke" didn't make it to the top 10....he's been on fire lately. Already looking forward to Daytona and the start of next season.

#8's championship will probably come, but he has some dues to pay. I have his jacket and also have Smoke's jacket. They were gifts. No family money was spent. My extra money goes for fishing.

Not to sound like a frontrunner, but gotta like the Lowes car, driver and team today. Would hate to see anything interfere with a good run for Jimmy.

I only started getting into NASCAR this year after going to watch races at Mosport. I don't know too much about it but I cheer for Jeff Gordon. Mostly cuz when I ask my son how much he loves his old man he says "I love you 24 daddy"

Well Dan

It,s has been a great racing season.

Although it would be nice to se JR win it :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: ,Im thinking it is really a 2 car race :worthy::worthy: .Not to happy to see a rookie making his first start, :dunno::dunno: especially in this kind of important race.Sure hope he dosent cause some one the over all. :unsure::unsure:

I will also add,Nascar should never aloud this to happen today of all days.

Dan...........You watching speed? Great reports and old time stories.

News flash,Jimmy has the runs,cant make the race.LOL

Ah yes. Montoya. I did know that after all. Yup I've had speed on all morning. And I can tell you that the only runs that Jimmie has is the run to the championship!!!! :lol:

Also dont forget.................

If Vickers had not made that huge bone head move,it would be a jr/johnson battle.

Im still peeved about that one.

:blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

;)

Ah yes. Montoya. I did know that after all. Yup I've had speed on all morning. And I can tell you that the only runs that Jimmie has is the run to the championship!!!! :lol:

As well as J.P. Montoya, there are mutterings on the F1 grapevine that Jaques Villeneuve is also looking at NASCAR after being dumped evicted fired by BMW.

Mick

Maybe he will be able to keep these four wheels on the track.LMAO

But then again it will be the, crewchief or pitcrew or cars fault,to bad he SUCKS. :dunno::blahblah1:

One of the most anti climactic boring races...ever.I hate the chase format,everyone afraid to near the 10 golden boys makes for some boring races especially on the 1.5 milers.Congrats to JJ and team,they earned it!

Joe

Give me a short track race most weeks and and a Daytona or Talledega once in a while and I'll be happy!

One of the most anti climactic boring races...ever.I hate the chase format,

But it's much better than having the championship clinched with 3 or 4 races to go Joe. The chase has its faults but it attempts to make the championship up for grabs right to the last minute of the last race. That I find boring. Kudos to Jimmie. He's the man. He deserved it.