sunday rainbow

spinnerdoc

caught on a 10'6 rod paired with an abu garcia baitcaster on single chinook eggs,#12 hook.started to try out drifting 3 weeks ago and this was the first one landed. had another one today as well but didnt manage to land it.same as last week. fish on but not landed.still learning but getting a lil better at presenting the egg as natural as i can. surprisingly i don't mind the baitcaster. will probably stick to this set up for a while don't wanna drop big bucks till i am sure i'll be liking this style of fishing , but so far it's been awesome.

PB010102.jpg

PB010103.jpg

lately man it's been all about just getting out and just enjoying fishing....numbers dont matter anymore, even 0's i don't mind. i've learned a long time ago that persistence, like you've said, pays.

it's been a few years now that i kinda touched this style of fishing, by that i mean one or 2 outings on the river a year, but this year i've decided to really give it a shot, this is how i got started last year with carp fishing.

if there's one thing i've learned so far is longer rod helps, still not a big fan of the super long rods, maybe it's bec i haven't tried them yet, he he...but i am happy with the 10' 6" that i have.

see somone posted a link on shot spacing, that should be cool, what i have been doing is pretty much experimenting myself on the spacing, trying to figure out what works well for me.

thanks people. this year was great for me. didn't get to fish that much, as i was really busy summer time but i was able to get variety...also caught my first chinook this year, 2 actually. i am just happy to start getting a hang of drifting......i kinda understand why you guys are addicted to it....i'm still tweaking my shot spacing though, the last one was fine, needs a little tweaking......i hope i don't become an addict, dont mind if i do either-wife might not be too happy about it...ha ha

Edited by spinnerdoc

thanks people. this year was great for me. didn't get to fish that much, as i was really busy summer time but i was able to get variety...also caught my first chinook this year, 2 actually. i am just happy to start getting a hang of drifting......i kinda understand why you guys are addicted to it....i'm still tweaking my shot spacing though, the last one was fine, needs a little tweaking......i hope i don't become an addict, dont mind if i do either-wife might not be too happy about it...ha ha

your talking about a couple of species of fish you caught on a fishing board......NEWS FLASH !!!!!!!!! you ARE an addict.... :lol: i hope your wife is more understanding then my last two wives.... :D