Heart stopping night

misfish

Rained all day,down pours. :wallbash: Thought the day was a waste, til 2pm and the rain stopped :worthy: .Oh thank the hunting gods. :worthy:

I thought after a day of rain all day, and then the stoppage,the deer may come out to feed.So off I go from work and head to the field stand.The wind was right, and I had a feeling something was going to happen this afternoon.Always the optimise. :thumbsup_anim:

In the stand by 3:10.

Heres a vid of the set up,ya know the place where they show up when Im not there.LOL

Im whispering so you need to turn up the vol.

I do a few bleets once Im set up and a grunt or two.

The wind is from my back,but going across the opening.Perfect.To me anyways. :rolleyes:

Around 5:30 the wind goes dead.I give a few grunts with the call.30 sec later,I can hear the noise of antlers crashing ,and a branch on the ground behind me snap.Oh my,he,s right behind me.I stay as still as a statue. For five minutes ,I stay as still as can be.I can hear him walking behind me.I give a slight turn of my head and there he is.Yep,that 10 pointer,but he gives me no shot.He is up wind at this point.

I wait for him to turn away so I can grab my bow from the holder.Guess I moved to soon cause he caught me.He didnt bolt off,just circuled away and well,he was gone.Talk about your heart in your throut.

What a great experince.Like they say,they dont get that big for nothing.

Thanks for reading.

Calling for rain and high winds for Sat.Sunday looks like the day to get back out there.

Edited by misfish

good luck getting that 10 pointer Brian.

I'm thinking I may take up hunting in the next year or two but I just nead to read more on things like you mention; like reading the path and wind. shooting a gun is a non issue as I have fired many in my past Queens York Rangers history so it's all about stalking and being legit with the lic/tags. the funy (for me) part is I found myself reading the Lebaron fall cat. today and looking at all the guns. why? duno... LOL

AWESOME Brian..... you were so close :w00t: I know exactly how you felt. That brings a flash back of last year when my big buck came out on the dirt road in front of me B)

It's such a rush :thumbsup_anim: I know you couldn't get a shot on him.... but you'll get him next time!!!

Good luck this weekend

Jacques

AWESOME Brian..... you were so close :w00t: I know exactly how you felt. That brings a flash back of last year when my big buck came out on the dirt road in front of me B)

It's such a rush :thumbsup_anim: I know you couldn't get a shot on him.... but you'll get him next time!!!

Good luck this weekend

Jacques

Ah Jacques.

If it were Monday,00 buck would of done the job. :canadian:

Good luck my friend.

I may take up hunting

Just do it.

Good to see that somebody is getting into some action. I spent this morning and this evening in the blind with no luck. The high winds must have kept them laying low. The biggest thing I seen was a Grouse. I was tempted to make him dinner but I resisted hoping for something with antlers to come along. I will also get out tomorrow.