One from today...

highdrifter

Did you say something about slamming strippers ?

MMMMMMMMM Strippers...........

Oh yeah, back to the pike, looks good to me !

Jerk B8 ?

Ya strippers are "fun" to.. "catch". :rolleyes:B)

LC 100 SP, Clown.

Been doing some tweaking on my leaders and I've started using braid. 80lb mono is just too stiff and buoyant for slash baits..

med_gallery_439_445_62123.jpg

Was thinking i would wait until someone posted a pike from there before going down to harbourfront.

Nice job and you probably made the right decision going for pike instead.

Maybe run into you again. Good stuff!

Was thinking i would wait until someone posted a pike from there before going down to harbourfront.

Nice job and you probably made the right decision going for pike instead.

Maybe run into you again. Good stuff!

Thanks bud. Ya know where to find me! Plus, I don't mind risking my life to land em.. :DB)

Nice fish bud. I am going to take a walk tomorrow on lunch, I work right by the dome. Probably get some looks in a suit with rods and gear on the Go train though.

Funny you mention that. Grant and I were thinking of getting decked out in our finest and getting thoroughly slimed by some gators. Now that would make a kewl report!!

Thanks bud. Go git em.

Funny you mention that. Grant and I were thinking of getting decked out in our finest and getting thoroughly slimed by some gators. Now that would make a kewl report!!

Thanks bud. Go git em.

"But honey, I swear we we not chasing Strippers, that smell is pike!"

Nice.

I used to fish down there all the time about a decade ago. It still blows my mind how many fish you can get that close to downtown. I remember one day on opener just after they imposed the season when we stopped counting at 50 fish two hours before we left. It was literally a pike every other cast.

It isn't nearly so consistent up here. I find they're either there or they aren't. I did manage 18 in about 4 hours a while ago, including 10 that were 34" or better. I couldn't break the magic 40" mark though despite three that went 38".

P9113903.jpg

P9113913.jpg

P9113922.jpg

It isn't nearly so consistent up here. I find they're either there or they aren't. I did manage 18 in about 4 hours a while ago, including 10 that were 34" or better. I couldn't break the magic 40" mark though despite three that went 38".

I've encountered the same thing. They're nomadic creatures around these parts... Could it be that they follow the baitfish??

Either way, those are some beauts!! I've broken the 40 mark for a coupla times, xept for this year. They're around though!! MSP got one this spring in the area that was in the mid 40s at least, and I've seen some BIG post spawn females that were slinking along, recuping from their harassement, but have yet to tie into one of them yet..

You get those fish this year? They put Snag's fish to shame dude HAHAAH!

Not only this year, but all the same day. I've found the average here to blow away the lake O fish. I caught a 42" each of the last two years and I'm about due this year.

I have seen some fish in the harbour that I would legitimately call mid forties, and a friend got a 44" out of a float tube at one point. One thing I never saw for sure though was a muskie. I would kill for a picture of a musky caught in Toronto.

You get those fish this year? They put Snag's fish to shame dude HAHAAH!

Agreed.

you're still an :asshat:

. I would kill for a picture of a musky caught in Toronto.

Dude, I really tried.

It just didn't care.

I can't believe nobody else has caught or SEEN one here??

Awesome Fidel!

My ladie's birth date is next weekend. I gotta spend 2 days in Haliburton at this icky spa retreat and the gear has to stay at home! BRUTAL. If only they made an 8 piece baitcaster!

You don't need 8pc rods for concealment...4pc rods will do. Shove it down one pant leg and if the missus asks why you're walking funny, tell her you're packing some serious heat for later...Worked for me :thumbsup_anim:

Awesome Fidel!

You don't need 8pc rods for concealment...4pc rods will do. Shove it down one pant leg and if the missus asks why you're walking funny, tell her you're packing some serious heat for later...Worked for me :thumbsup_anim:

I got a coupla pack rods but they're only 3pc... Should do the trick though. Shouldn't be too hard to stash in my long johns... :lol:

Thanks brah!! ;)