got my first shotgun!

pike slayer

I guess your suggestion to use 10W-30 is a joke? :D

Motor oil is way too viscous in cold weather, unless heated up inside an engine.

No I wasn't joking but about using MOBIL 1 - 0W-20 that is full synthetic. I would think it wouldn't thicken up in the extreme cold ? ? ?

WD-40 is explosive.

Ask any machanic .They advise you to never use it to dry out spark plugs.One spark,kaplueeee.

Same as for the shotgun.

Then why didn't any of my 8 shotguns blow up.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW......I have been a mechanic since 1970 and then I graduated from Alfred Tech College with a degree in auto mechanics.

I was just stating that WD 40 is explosive.

One that knows how to clean a gun would do it right.

Someone might not ,and have a small pool in the chamber,"which could then" .Yes No

Yep, stuff works good as an accelerant (sp?) in potato cannons too!!!! :D

Back to 870's.

My first gun was an 870 SPS CAMO 12 guage that still resides in my gun cabinet.

Full synthetic camoed stock and camoed 28" barrel with matching sling. She's a beauty duck gun!!!! :)

Edited by DRIFTER_016

i thought it was the propellant in the can that was flammable/explosive.

Never tried it :D ..... but I would assume that once you have a puddle of WD-40 in the "cannon", the propellant will have evaporated off and it's the WD-40 itself that explodes.

Guest steel'n'esox

Now the seagulls are really in trouble, and the squirrels as well, is your truck broke down must be a GMC, maybe you should check your rad for the seagull B) By the way a hellava nice gun, cormorants are laughing at you

There is a real danger from having a trace of lube in the chamber of a centrefire rifle, but it is not due to any explosive characteristics of the lube. Upon ignition of the powder charge the brass case expands and actually grips the walls of the chamber so that 50- 60,000 psi is distributed evenly throughout the chamber. In the event that there is lube in the chamber and combined with the slightly tapered shape of the case there will be excessive force directed back on the bolt face, warning signs of this will be a slight flattening of the headstamp lettering, flow of brass into ejector plunger hole, hard opening of the bolt with a bolt action as you can actually shear off this brass flow into the ejector, in a more serious case you can get a primer puncture and hot gas leaking back into the action towards the shooter, permanent springing of the action causing a condition of excessive headspace ( rear locking actions like the British Lee Enfield were known for this and actually had interchangeable bolt heads of various lengths to correct this) and ocassionally castrophic failure resulting in perhaps serious injury to the shooter. PLEASE be sure to remove any storage lube from your chamber and bore before the start of the season.