What is your favorite hook for Senkos?

gogu392

Texas rigged would be my choice since the majority of time for me to use a senko would be inside of the weeds.

Gamakatsu...Owner..Wide gap for texas.Don't use sub-par hooks or you will face disappointment especially if you hook into nice sized fish.

For wacky rigging, I saw these green hooks made by owner that looked pretty interesting! They had a weed guard on each side of the hook.

I think those "good" hooks for Senkos are a waste of money. For Texas I use Wal-Mart 3/0 EWG hooks that cost about .30 cents each instead of $1.25 a piece. Wacky worms fish nicely on red Mustad 1/0 or 2/0 weedless hooks. They are also a wide gap type of bend and can be found at Wal-Mart and CTC. for about .60 cents each. I have caught lots of 5 and 6 pound Bass on these hooks and have never lost anything because of hook failure.

Keep in mind that when Trigging, the bigger hook you use, the less wiggle you will get on the fall. Most of the time I use an Owner 1/0 Wide gap. It's short, but with a really wide gap that still gets good hookups. I will only go to a 3/0 or bigger if I feel the fish are not taking the whole bait into their mouth.