Finally got out to chase some skis

mistaredone

Well I havent got out much this year but when I have the fishing has been good for size and numbers. This was to be the first trip out with the boys after the birth of my daughter on September 2nd and we were off to the Kawarthas for two days of musky hunting. The first morning started out as always, hung over and motor problems so we spent the morning working the shallows with the electric and only a single follow to show. Right before lunch the wind picked up so we gave the motor another try and after re-attaching the fule line she started no problem. The lake we were fishing was pretty new to us so we decided to troll to find mid water structure and it payed off. After 10 mins fish on! Small guy but a good start, hit a 9" storm swim bait 3.5mph in 16 fow

Sept_21_07.jpg

I guess no matter how small the fish you need to pay attention!! To my horror and my buddys delight the fish clamped down on my stray thumb. Lucky my buddy got the plyers before she shook her head and did real damage.

Sept_21_09_2.jpg

As we made a wide turn to come back around to the same spot Fish on!! This time it was white007's rod. Again 3.5mph 16 fow but this time a jointed depth raider.

Sept_21_09_8.jpg

Third pass and fish on again!!! Good fight for its size. Storm bait produces again.

Sept_21_09_9.jpg

The later of the day was filled with lost fish including one fish straitening out the large gauge musky hooks on my swim bait and another 40 plus inch fish fully breaching the water chasing a weed filled lure skipping along the top of the water 6-7mph awesome!!!!!

Next day was sunny and flat but we did move one fish on a bucktail that hit on a throw back.

Sept_21_09_10.jpg

Turned out a great trip. I need to buy a new storm swim bait after loosing the tail. Ill be upgrading the hooks for sure.

I guess no matter how small the fish you need to pay attention!! To my horror and my buddys delight the fish clamped down on my stray thumb. Lucky my buddy got the plyers before she shook her head and did real damage.

Sept_21_09_2.jpg

No doubt I'd have been as delighted as your buddy. :jerry:

I'm glad to hear that the damage was minimal, live and learn. :D