My new ride... No.. not a boat !!

tizfun

are ya for real pal .look on the highway theres 100s of GMs Fords @ Dodges rolling down that asphalt you may see a import once in awhile how the hell can ya even compare theres hundreds of thousands out there thats why theres more for sale,

LMAO!! lemons are rare for imports. thats a good one. you mean you just dont hear about them as often.

OK despite the smartass tone of your responses you guys do have a point with the number of trucks out there. But what about the resale value? Let's hear how you explain that. There's no comparison in resale value. That definately speaks volumes about the trucks.

the Titans made by Ford crazy eh

I maybe wrong on this but Chrysler was going to make the Titan's but that was before they went broke.......not sure if Nissan is still producing them now or not.......

Now you GM owners..........what's with the doors that can't close unless the windows open or you SLAM it.....come I know there are a ton you guys out there.....(25 years later with the same old problems with GM) :wallbash:

MY 93 gm I had to slam the door.

My 03 gm, Push it closed with one finger and a coffee in hand.

And theres not one air leak.

Boss's 09 gm, Which he traded his Toy for.You don't have to slam the door.

Friends O8 gm. which he traded his Toy for. Same thing.

The reason you see so many used trucks for sale.

Has nothing to do with the truck. It is the economical down turn.

People can.t afford the gas and payment.

Put it this way. How many times have you seen a truck with a hard tonnuo cover

and no hitch. What do you think that truck is used for.

Car with a very large trunk.

Trucks are not forgiving if used as a truck. If you don't have a proper maintenance schedule.

I maybe wrong on this but Chrysler was going to make the Titan's but that was before they went broke.......not sure if Nissan is still producing them now or not.......

Now you GM owners..........what's with the doors that can't close unless the windows open or you SLAM it.....come I know there are a ton you guys out there.....(25 years later with the same old problems with GM) :wallbash:

lol, thats me. the passenger door i can close with one finger but the drivers door needs a bit more. the door pins need replaced is all. when the door sags its harder to close because its not lining up with the stricker. because i get lazy i just moved the striker more forward,so it dont need slamed so hard. this is untill i feel like changing the pins

Check out the "Truck Trader" and see how many domestics (GM, Ford, Dodge) are for sale compared to the imports (Toyota, Nissan). Probably about 10:1 ratio that says something about owner satisfaction. Also check out the resale value of the domestics as opposed to the imports. The imports definately hold their value. The domestics do not. That says alot also.

There are stories of lemons and of great vehicles on both sides of the fence. But I think the lemons are rare with the imports just as the great vehicles are rare with the domestics. Either way, I'll never buy GM junk again....ever!

Uh, there are 10 times the amount of domestic trucks on the road. It's a surprise to you that there are more for sale?

Get outta here!!!!

:EDIT: Has Billy Bob posted a pic of his Tundra yet? :)

Edited by BillM

Recently bought my first car...1994 (really used) Acura (fancy word for honda) integra. 285 000 kms, rust in all the right places and it runs like the day it rolled off the lot. Doesnt leak a drop of anything, doesnt cough sputter or otherwise, the thing barely even burns any oil (about the only issue Ive ever heard with Honda)

This car has sold me on Honda...find me a 1994 sunfire that has no leaks, good exhaust, passes E test and safety...wait you would have to find that that even starts first!

Parents both drive GMS, their first ones in years and both swear to never drive another. Dads 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 (~$60K) TWO wheelbearings at under 90km, $700 each, FULLY seized up steering rack at under 100km, leaks everything, hogs gas and other than the fact that it is stupid fast and fun to drive its basically been useless since day 1.

Mom bought a 2001 Aztec and has been driving it since it had about 50k on it... upper and lower rad hoses, rad itself, A/C, blower motor, exhaust, also TWO wheel bearings, etc etc etc.

Ill drive my 94 Honda for a while, seems like better bang for my buck.

2001 Aztec and has been driving it since it had about 50k on it... upper and lower rad hoses, rad itself, A/C, blower motor, exhaust, also TWO wheel bearings, etc etc etc.

So? That is typical of any car/truck. Give it a break. I too put a new rad in my wife's/son' Honda, and a grand into the front end last year then 400 bucks last week for a catalytic converter and pipe. Things wear out. Your dad's Caddy though, why so much maintenance and was it covered under factory warranty?

So? That is typical of any car/truck. Give it a break. I too put a new rad in my wife's/son' Honda, and a grand into the front end last year then 400 bucks last week for a catalytic converter and pipe. Things wear out. Your dad's Caddy though, why so much maintenance and was it covered under factory warranty?

I guess I should have added that all those things went on the aztec in the first year...its been fairly good since.

as for the caddy, only the steering rack was covered. Mechanic said he had never seen anything like it before.

OH and the kicker is that it was leaking rad fluid when he bought it! nice.

That there is quality. They did fix that too.

Edited by kemper

Sweet truck!, yes i consider it a truck, it has a boxed frame, solid rear axle, a 2 speed transfer case, and sometimes they come with electronic rear lockers - some features you won't see on a few of the 'domestic' brands! If i was in the market for a new SUV i would be going with an xterra for sure! You're gonna love that 4l motor too. Come on over to my Canadian Nissan Truck Club website. There is lots to learn there and i guarantee you will get the off road itch after you see what other owners have done and can do with their xterras. Members also get discounts on service and other perks from a couple of the participating dealerships in the GTA and Milton.

Canadian Nissan Truck Club

my username is nige on that forum.

I've been enjoying my old Pathfinder for close to 8 years now. Outside of bigger motor, manual gearbox and solid front axle, there is absolutely nothing else i want changed on it. It hauls my 14' aluminum no problem and has just enough space to carry a week's worth of camping and fishing gear and tools for two people and a dog (probably more if i use the boat for holding coolers, beer, tents, guitars etc.). I've taken it to Florida, Timmins twice, countless trips into the Muskoka, North Bay area, and stinktown (t.o.), and almost every ski hill, lake and river within a 4 hour drive of here. I've modified it a little bit and i take it down all the trails in the Minden/Kawarthas area where it has seen it's fair share of off road abuse (including a hydrolocked engine!). The 4 wheeling is a bit rough on them and i have spent my fair share of time disassembling and cleaning parts. I've been planning a cross-country trip out to BC with it to visit all my friends and family in Calgary, Christina Lake, Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria, and i know it will make the trip without any fuss.

As for domestics, I would like to see how many 1995 vintage trucks like Blazers and Exploders are still on the road with everything still working on them. It's very rare to see anything other than beat up old Jeeps and Toyotas that are that old and still running trails. Jeez, we even have some 80's Nissans that run the trails with us every so often.

Anyway, enough babbling. Hope to see you over there on the club message board

hydrolineadventureweeke.jpg

photo by my friend Slawek

Edited by skrillaguerilla