Breaking News

holdfast

Breaking News: New World Record Rainbow Trout caught

fishingsaskatchewan.ca has confirmed that a new all tackle world record Rainbow Trout has been caught, and officially weighed in at the Fishin' Hole in Saskatoon at 48 lbs. This eclipses the old mark by nearly 5 lbs. The monster measured 42" x 32", and was caught by Sean Konrad of Saskatoon on a Rapala crankbait. Pictures and more details will be provided before the end of the day. Sean is the twin brother (Fishinggeeks) of the former record holder. The trout was caught in Lake Diefenbaker. These guys are incredible.

They were on the Radio today and I only caught a few words. From what I understand, their official pictures are being sold to protect them from what I understand, from other users claiming their fish on their lake of choice. You know how fast that picture can spread around the world. These guys have a charter business and he said, that there was only one customer that they had this year that did not catch their Biggest ever fish, but he did catch a 30 lb rainbow. These guys have only been fishing the lake for 7 years. I know there is a controversy about the trout being escaped farm fish, but never the less, Dief is a Huge Lake, and they still have to find them. These guys are either fishing superstars, or Phoney. By now I would think they would of been caught.

I questioned the record last time,

Not for being a fake, or any less of an accomplishment, but the ethics of being a tripolid.

In my books it was a record Tripoid trout, but not a record Rainbow....a great catch for sure, but allowing a triploid to be an offical species reocrd opens the doors to a slew of ethical questions.

In fairness its just my opinion, and I should mention that Mr Fishing Geek himself (AdamKonrad) popped on the site to chastise my opinion and defend his record, He didn't really change my opinion nor do I think he appreciated my opinion LOL!

It is what it is...a great catch, and if the MNR says its a record (be it a triploid or not) then I guess its a record...but I don't beleive it should be if its a triploid ;)

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/fishing...tory?id=2901070

I questioned the record last time,

Not for being a fake, or any less of an accomplishment, but the ethics of being a tripolid...

I'm with you on this. While there's no arguing the size of their fish, how they reached that size is really open to argument. I was pretty disappointed that the MNR allowed a triploid to supplant the long standing rainbow record from the Notty. While these guys have stumbled onto a great fishery and have got their game up above others on the same lake, there is definitely an asterisk next to their fish.

Sure Barry Bonds, Sosa & McGWire have all broken baseballs home run record...but should their pharmacist share the podium with them?

i dont care what anybody else says, im impressed!

If I raised a genetically modified fish in a private pond, it wouldn't qualify for a record. But as soon as it escapes it does!

Hunting org's don't recognize captive hogs escaping into the wild as records, I don't think fishing org's should either.