Amazingly Good People

Fishnwire

The closest camp to mine is about three KMs down river. It's owned by a guy named Omer who's about sixty, but in really good shape and still driving truck about 50 hours a week. His house is a lot closer to our camps than mine is, so when the shackles connecting the leaf springs to my trailer broke on the way home, I dropped it off in his yard. I asked if it was OK if I left it there and that I'd be back the next day or two to work on it. He said no problem. I called him today to see if it was OK for me to use his tools, or should I bring my own.

"Oh that's all done," he says. "It's ready to go. I can drop it off if you want."

Then he goes on to tell me he didn't like how it was put together and made a change or two...manufacturing the parts he needed from stock. "You should be able to beat the hell out of it now," was what I was told.

Now what do you say about a guy like that? He's just an amazing person. I'm humbled to know the guy, because I realize that I'm selfish by comparison.

I know someone who's getting the biggest bottle of the best Wiser's on the shelf.