Day before school Smallmouth

Musky or Specks

Well my son is a very busy guy trying to secure a baseball scholarship south of the border. All of his weekends this summer were spent down in the US playing ball. I asked him what he wanted to do today the last day before he starts grade 12. To my suprise he says he'd really like to go fishing. So we head out after river smallies that have been pounded all weekend. I ve caught lots this summer so I decide to strictly be the guide. First place we stopped was very tough 3or 4 dinks and some WGSF. I take him to a new spot thats a little harder access and right away he starts geting into some decent 12"-13".

SBact.jpg

herc.jpg

Hes still enough of a kid at heart to be fascinated and capture a turtle

ninja.jpg

Finally it all comes together for him and he gets this beauty 21 1/2" smallie long fish but skinny.

Action Shot

action.jpg

Photo album Shot

Griff21.jpg

The best part of the day was when he said he really missed fishing with me and wants to get out more. The day gave me a good glimpse into the future to see how our relationship will turn out as he becomes a young man. It was pretty special.

That is a great story.

Nice smallie.

One of my coleagues went to the states on scholarship to pitch in North Carolina.

They love Canadian pitchers because their arms are not as 'tired' as same aged American kids. Our baseball season and number of games we play is much shorter. Is your son a pitcher?

That is a great story.

Nice smallie.

One of my coleagues went to the states on scholarship to pitch in North Carolina.

They love Canadian pitchers because their arms are not as 'tired' as same aged American kids. Our baseball season and number of games we play is much shorter. Is your son a pitcher?

Was a pitcher and still pitches on occasion but his bat is to good to play only part time so hes become a right fielder. Hes got a handful of schools interested but its still early.