ear piercings!!

pike slayer

So today i took a buddy out fishing that had never gone fishing before. about ten minutes in im sitting there going through my tackle box and he screws up his cast and get the lure hooked on to my ear!!! i screamed bloody murder while my buddy is freaking out saying im soooooo sorry!!! i settled down after a minute and i was like you have to take a pic of this screw up!! the hook went into my ear out the back side and then went back in and popped out the other side OUCH! the back treble also got hooked to my life jacket. i first cut the treble off that was hooked to my life jacket to i could have movement again. We then went to shore and went for a hike to find someone with better pliers. we found a guy and his wife camping which we freaked out haha and he had a good set of electricans pliers and i finished pushing the barb through my ear then snipping it off and pull the rest of the hook out the other way. let me tell you, it was not fun!!! but i sucked it up never even got any whiskey and we went back out fishing hahaha!!

adams_big_catch.jpeg

ouch_my_ear__.jpeg

WD,

I don't mean to be the voice of doom and gloom but we can all learn from incidents like this.

One of the reason's we wear sunglasses while out in the boat fishing(eye protection)...I also have a clear pair for evening fishing pending on who's out with me or how many people in the boat chucking baits....

On the other side of the coin, glad to here you were able to remove those trebles without any permanent damage. Its always scary when this type of thing happens up in around your head cause if you just happened to have turned your head or your partner's back cast was a little further to one side it could have been a lot worse of an outcome...

hahaha after the first 5min it was quite hilarious!! we were just laughing like what else can you do? and thankfully i was wearing sunglasses or else it could have been alot worse! it was not fun finishing pushing the hook through to cut the barb off, quite bloody! watch out for your buddy even if you think hes a good one lol

Reminds me of an incident I witnessed back ijn the early 80's. I was working a job down in Naples Florida and went fishin' with a couple guys from work on Friday night. Fred was an older guy and Bill was about my age, Fred loved the artificial lures and was a devout fisherman! Bill wasn't much of a fisherman but went along for kicks.

I was fishing live Peeler crabs for Sail cats and Bone fish and Fred and Bill were chucking Rapalas for Snook! Fred and Bill are fishing pretty close together and shooting the breeze and I'm fishing about 20' away from them to avoid tangles. Bill decides he wants to try a different spot and walks behind Fred as he is in the middle of a backcast! Freds Rapala sinks into Bills head right behind the right ear, Fred thinking he's snagged on a bush starts reefing on his rod to free the lure... Bill starts screaming "quit yanking Fred ya got me"!!! I'm rolling on the ground about to piss my pants in hysterical laughter!!! Fred finally realizes what happened and gets a sheepish grin on his face and says "looks like I got the big one of the night"! We take poor old Bill up to the truck and shine the headlights on his head and both trebles are stuck in his scalp but have been pulled all the way through with all of Freds snatching trying to free the lure from the "bush". I'm about to ut the barbs off when Fred hollers "wait a minute!.. what are you doing??? You're going to ruin my lure"!!! Bill says "I'll buy you a new damn lure, just get this thing outta my head!!!" I have laughed about that every time I think about it!!! :w00t:

I'm glad your ordeal turned out ok WD... but let this be a lesson to you, always carry a pair of pliers capable of cutting a hook!

you may have got hooked but i was once netted...

I was fishing in Ben Miller @ the falls and well .....5am i was pissed drunk.. :D lol...so im walking the top of the falls and slipped stepping over one of the crevasses and went from two feet of water to up to my chin instantly :huh: ....my waders filled with water my feet dangling over the falls my arms pinned against the crevasse walls to keep me from going over the falls with rod and beer in their respective hands. :mellow: ..a gentleman ( my savior) comes up with a salmon net as im losing the battle to the current and slams his net on top of me (over my head) :o ....i hook my arms into it and he gets me out of the deep water :) ....he then says to me " im not sure if i want to keep you or put you back" :mellow: ha ha ha ....no fishing for me that day :angry: ...

for the concerned alcoholics in the bunch ....not a drop was spilled :worthy: and the only damage that was incurred was to my pride :blush:

you may have got hooked but i was once netted...

I was fishing in Ben Miller @ the falls and well .....5am i was pissed drunk.. :D lol...so im walking the top of the falls and slipped stepping over one of the crevasses and went from two feet of water to up to my chin instantly :huh: ....my waders filled with water my feet dangling over the falls my arms pinned against the crevasse walls to keep me from going over the falls with rod and beer in their respective hands. :mellow: ..a gentleman ( my savior) comes up with a salmon net as im losing the battle to the current and slams his net on top of me (over my head) :o ....i hook my arms into it and he gets me out of the deep water :) ....he then says to me " im not sure if i want to keep you or put you back" :mellow: ha ha ha ....no fishing for me that day :angry: ...

for the concerned alcoholics in the bunch ....not a drop was spilled :worthy: and the only damage that was incurred was to my pride :blush:

You may be a Redneck if... you've ever been too drunk to fish!!! :rolleyes: