Monster Kawartha Bass and W/E Report- Pics!

Slayingm

Just got back in from a 4 days in a row of Guide trips on Simcoe and the Kawartha lakes. The crazy weather and cold fronts certainly pushed the fish in a negative mood but we still managed to boat some nice fish with the tough bite.

We boated a number of fish on Simcoe but 4.5 lbs was the biggest and not worthy of a pic (at least for that lake!).

Here is a pic of a monster Buckhorn lake Largemouth Bass we got on the weekend... the fish came on a tube jig working a deep weed/rock edge in approx. 12ft of water.

100_0476.jpg

Also got a nice 4lb smallie the same day also on a tube jig (smoke colour) just off the weedline in deeper water.

100_0474.jpg

I just got back off the water on a trip today with a Father and his 2 teenage son's out on the Kawartha's for a fishing trip. In spite of the cold front conditions we managed to boat 21 fish including a Lunge and some nice Walleye..

Here is a decent typical Kawartha Lakes Musky...

100_0480.jpg

And a really nice end of August Kawartha Walleye.....

100_0481.jpg

Man was it cold flying across the lake this morning!!!!.... burrr. Nice to finally see the sun though!!!

Take care and be safe out there.... Good Fish'n .... Greg.

Edited by Slayingm

I saw you fueling up on the 12 by Beaverton on Sunday morning. I was on my way home from Nipigon. You actually guided Harrison out there? Nice Bass, not sure about the typical muskie though. My average on the Kawarthas is in the 38" range. But then again that's all I target. Too bad about the vertical hold, they deserve much more than a bone stretch.

Cheers, Ron...

Edited by Ron

Hey Ronnie, long time no chat, hope all is well.

Greg is a good friend, we guided and fished some tournaments together. Once and a while we get together and selfishly put a serious beating on some fish.

His new ride is awesome for guiding, total multi-species setup.

Hey Ronnie, long time no chat, hope all is well.

Greg is a good friend, we guided and fished some tournaments together. Once and a while we get together and selfishly put a serious beating on some fish.

His new ride is awesome for guiding, total multi-species setup.

Phil,

Good seeing ya again bud... be awhile for sure.

Truth be known...Phil did most of the guiding today... I just supplied the Ride! :D

Good Fish'n all.... G.