I'm back from Gull Lake

Muskieman

Here goes ...

We left early on Tuesday morning and headed towards HWY 805..the first 85 kms is very accessible by car

but then it gets rough...the last 10 kms are brutal it takes 1 1/2 hours...washouts and boulders abound.

4x4 only or ATV.

We got to Gull in 3 hours ..set up "Camp Kirkwood" in under 2 hours..then it was time for a Beer or two.

I decided to go fishing but there was no camera to be found.."thus no fish pics" it was later recovered by the beach my daughter was snapping pictures and left it there.

I managed to boat 2 fair Lakers around 4lbs and 30 or so Smallies... but alas no Walleye.

we kept "I can't beleive I'm gonna say this " SMALLIES for shore lunch!!! they weren't bad and the trout was very good.

All in all we had us a great time..but kinda froze our butts off at night as the temps plunged to 3*.

I hope this works..testing one pic....see what happens

Gull2009001.jpg

Gull2009002.jpg

Gull2009012.jpg

Gull2009018.jpg

Gull2009019.jpg

Gull2009030.jpg

Gull2009027.jpg

Gull2009042.jpg

Gull2009053.jpg

Gull2009064.jpg

Gull2009076.jpg

Gull2009077.jpg

Gull2009087.jpg

Gull2009093.jpg

Gull2009097.jpg

Gull2009117.jpg

Gull2009117.jpg

Gull2009125.jpg

Gull2009127.jpg

Gull2009128-1.jpg

Gull2009129-1.jpg

Gull2009122.jpg

RFS

:canadian:

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

Reminds me of a few of the trips I used to take before we moved to the lake. That one pic showing water on the road and the lengthwise logs looks like a real killer!

And scratches on that nice truck! Hopefully you can buff most of them out.

What we won't do to get a good camping spot and some good fishing! :D

Reminds me of a few of the trips I used to take before we moved to the lake. That one pic showing water on the road and the lengthwise logs looks like a real killer!

I swear that that looks like where I was going to go this weekend, but the bugs are brutal up here right now. And, no, I was not going to go into Gull lake, because I am on the west side of Lake Superior, but that picture looks exactly like one place up here. I can even picture the 2 1/2 year old bull moose with his head buried in the water last time there. His eyes got really, really big when he pulled his head up and we were there not 20 yards from him, :lol: :lol:

And whats wrong with eating smallies, I love eating them, they have a slightly sweeter taste than walleye to me.

Thanks for sharing.

3 x coats of McGuiars and some Mother's Back to Black..before leaving should have done the trick..I'll find out Sunday when I wash it.

The guy with the Excursion had the right idea with his .Maybe a rental?.. He put some body man cling-stick prep mask film on his .. This guy was from Ohio he got a good Idea...I'll try to get some of that film for September.

RFS

:canadian:

Gull2009075.jpg

Gull2009001.jpg

Gull2009128-1.jpg

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

• 4 years later...