Argh!!!!

Ultyma

He quoted your post...which said "myself" thus indicating you are by YOURSELF!

Nothing in your post states you are fishing with someone else...

Either way, if MNR saw you cast a rod, then pick up another rod and cast...its 100% ILLEGAL!

Know your facts before you try to change the subject and sound really ignorant.....

Change the subject? I'm just using the same argument back at you guys.

Are your lives really that dreary that you have to jump on new members backs?

Now here is what I would have written.

"I am sorry, I didn't not realize you were only allowed one rod per person. I am glad you guys told me this. I won't do that again. Thanks for the insight, I am learning things here already. I am going to read the Ontario rules and regs and if I don't comletely understand them I will post questions here on OFC."

If you wrote that, everyone would have been off your back. Instead you tried to make up some transparent story about other people being with you.

Come on, seriously, There are lots of people on this board who were born at night... but not last night.

Now here is what I would have written.

"I am sorry, I didn't not realize you were only allowed one rod per person. I am glad you guys told me this. I won't do that again. Thanks for the insight, I am learning things here already. I am going to read the Ontario rules and regs and if I don't comletely understand them I will post questions here on OFC."

If you wrote that, everyone would have been off your back. Instead you tried to make up some transparent story about other people being with you.

Come on, seriously, There are lots of people on this board who were born at night... but not last night.

Transparent story? Lol. Whatever.

Why don't you go find the people that were down there instead of trying to insult me.

QUOTE (jmarion @ Aug 20 2009, 10:21 PM)

So anyways I waited out the rain until around 7:00pm, and went to Wilkes myself. It was completely empty of people (normally theres 5-10 people on the ledge beside the dam).

I fished for about 20 minutes with a Wally Diver crankbait, and decided to throw my 2nd line in the water with chewed gum on a hook.

I casted it out and set the rod down to continue casting with a rapala minnow shallow diving crankbait.

Edited by Henry Nguyen

buddy, no one is insulting you

no one is giving crap to a new member

if it was someone who has been here from the beginning of time, I can assure you they would be even harder on them

you made a mistake

the second mistake was posting about it

now trying to defend yourself makes you look foolish.....

move on and I am sure everyone else will

Change the subject? I'm just using the same argument back at you guys.

Are your lives really that dreary that you have to jump on new members backs?

Maybe you should edit your post to the correct story and apologize.

jmarion-

Let me welcome you to the site. You have to admit that your post made it look like you were fishing two lines. Now, the guys did take it easy on you, trust me. Like another member said, had you been a regular that should have known better, this likely would have been worse...much worse.

But because you are new, you got a heavy razzing. I read the post and really tried to see how I could give you the benefit of the doubt..but it was not possible.

Now let's say I posted in May about catching in huge bass. And let's say I left out the part that I was using jigs and worms chasing walleye and moved 10 times to get away from the bass...one would easily assume I was targetting the out of season fish....details are important.

The MNR reads this site every single day..I promise you that. Not to nail people but to get an idea of whats going on out there. It is a valuable tool for them...like have a few extra field reporters letting them know whats going on.

We have been contacted by not only the MNR but by the Coast Guard about some posts that were indicating OBVIOUS AND SERIOUS violations. That certainly is not going to happen in this case..but I am trying to illustrate a point.

We cannot make you follow the law, but we can point you in that direction. I do not want to see you not return, but I do hope you learn that what you post will be read. Don't use hyperbolic replies or sarcasm... you either violated the law or you posted poorly...either way learn your lesson and move on.

None of us will here are without sin and we will not hold it over your head...unless you come to one of our trips then you will likely get teased about it. :)

All that aside, I will lock this thread down and it will disappear and we will have forgotten about it in a day. for those of us over 40 we will have forgotten about it much sooner than that...lol.