Eugenia Report (pic heavy)

Toddyc20

Well as promised I'm doing a quick report on my day trip to Eugenia. My brother and I arrived there around 8:45 am and were on the water by 9:00 am. The fishing started out pretty slow but as soon as we figured out a few combinations that were working we started boating them pretty regularly. We left the water around 2:00 pm with a catch total of 10 bass. About an even mix of large and small mouth. Biggest fish of the day was just over 3lbs. Most of the fish came in 6-10 feet of water. Baits of choice were tube jigs, spinnerbaits and wacky rigged stick worms. Now I've seen the potential that this small lake has and I can't wait to take another crack at it. Maybe next time i will find one of those 5-6lb fish that I've heard live there. All fish were released after the photos. We always practice CPR (Catch, Photo, Release).

First fish of the day

DSC03814.jpg

Small Smallmouth

DSC03816.jpg

Biggest fish of the day.......joking of course

DSC03817.jpg

Mid size Largemouth

DSC03819.jpg

Big fish of the day

DSC03823.jpg

Couple of more Smallmouth

DSC03827.jpg

DSC03829.jpg

Edited by Toddyc20

Great pics Toddy. How was the boat traffic? I like to take the kayak on weekdays because of the weekend traffic.

The boat traffic was crazy. I didn't think a lake that small could hold that many boats. Every time we went to a spot there were 4 other boats there. It got to the point where if we didn't see other boats around we were wondering what was wrong with the spot. I found the jet skiers and pleasure boaters a bit annoying due to the fact that they would fly past us non stop. I guess everyone is entitled to the water but if it were me i would give the fishermen some extra space so i don't disrupt them. I think my next trip out to Eugenia will be on a weekday.

Thanks to everyone for the tips and tactics. All the fish we caught were on baits that we recommended to me by members here.

The boat traffic was crazy. I didn't think a lake that small could hold that many boats. Every time we went to a spot there were 4 other boats there. It got to the point where if we didn't see other boats around we were wondering what was wrong with the spot. I found the jet skiers and pleasure boaters a bit annoying due to the fact that they would fly past us non stop. I guess everyone is entitled to the water but if it were me i would give the fishermen some extra space so i don't disrupt them. I think my next trip out to Eugenia will be on a weekday.

Thanks to everyone for the tips and tactics. All the fish we caught were on baits that we recommended to me by members here.

not to open a can of worms, glad you had a great day...Eugenia was a great lake yrs back where you were virtually guaranteed more then a few 4's and enough 3's to shake an arm off. Then an article was written and the expolsion was on. The impoundment is no more then 300 acres or so, and now due to its sheltered nature can have 12 foot car toppers on it. Couple that with 400 or so cottages on it and internet reports you get what you get , a lake that once was a majestic hidden jem, that averaged 3-4 lb fish all day and opportunities to catch 5-6-7 lb fish to now having so much boat traffic you cant fish a spot, its infested with carp and the average size is now a paultry pound or so ........it has way less traffic on the weekdays, but the white bucket brigade makes sure it never has any measurable bass in it.........the last 3 yrs it has doubled in boat traffic

Several years back i remember taking my kids to the dam one day, to see what some of the locals do down the outflow chute...I recall seeing a bucket filled with blugills perch rockbass there must have been 100 or so none larger then 4 inches....when my child asked what the heck are you gonna do with them ............they responded soup......

Sad state of affairs

Edited by aniceguy