What Cowgirl colour to get? So many choices

Syn

Wondering what Cowgirl colour combo to get for Georgian bay muskies?

At $20+ a pop I want to pick a good colour combo. They offer so many colours but I'm just starting with muskie hunting.

I'm liking the red/black but I've been having success with blue/black smaller spinnerbaits lately.

Help me "choose wisely".

choose-wisely.jpg

Edited by Syn

i prefer blonde's with some dark roots myself, but im not that picky! :thumbsup_anim:

sorry i couldnt resist. i wish i could be of some help, but im not much of a musky man.

jason

Blondes is always a good answer!

Start with something you think that you will be confident with. ;) At 20 a pop....yer just starting.....

Are you saying "use the force" like in star wars Ben talking to Luke and that Cowgirl colour does not really matter, I just have to focus on proper lure presentation and fish the lure confidently, muskie are not too picky? or are you saying "I can only show you the door" like in the matrix Morpheius talking to Neo meaning that I have to create my own path to lure selection though trial and error. j/k friday afternoon boredom. :lol:

Wrong movies. Same ideas. :D

So I should be like Tuco from the good the bad and the ugly and build a lure from different parts like he did in the gun shop?

tuco_02.jpg

Anyhow I just got a red/black one with a flourocarbon leader.

Edited by Syn

A musky is a musky no matter what body of water your on. Pick colours with water colour and light conditions in mind

yes, that's what I do with other fish. I don't have much experience with muskie so I thought I'd double check colours with you guys. I guess a fish is a fish. Red and black for me. I have other skirts to mix and match anyhow.

Edited by Syn

I would go with contrasting colors like bright blades and dark body or white,gold or silver body with a dark blade maybe two different blade colors. I have the silver/nickle one my daughter picked it out and we have boated a couple musky on it last year.

Yeah I noticed that too about kids. I let my little nephew pick a few lure colours and they are top producers.

Guest steel'n'esox

Try one of Johnny Dadsons Boo Dadleys in the Stan Smyl color, these are amazing bucktails with more tinsel and hackle feathers then U can amagine, I heard the Maple Lodge Chicken truck drops off at his place all there chicken feathers before going to KFC. I hope you have the reel to throw those babies or you will be sorry the next day