Little Balsam Trip

ciceri

So we decided to go to balsam this evening and see if we could get into some Walleye and Musky, didn't find either, but we got alot of smallmouth on walleye grubs, also got a big Sunny and some Perch. Once all the boats went in and the waves disappeared i put on my spoon and tossed it over a weedline hoping to find a Musky or two. Well, didn't get into a Musky, but did end up with a Pike which I was hoping was a Musky that didn't know it was hooked, haha.

Heres a pic of the Pike, and some nice shots of the sunset and clouds.

P7160205.jpg

P7160198.jpg

P7160199.jpg

P7160200.jpg

P7160201.jpg

P7160202.jpg

P7160203.jpg

Hopefully we find the Musky and Walleye next time.

Nice fish, but it's just sad to see... we've received so many confirmations of pike being caught at Balsam, I wonder when they will really take over that lake.

is it safe to eat a pike of that size? issues with mercury build up? especially for a teenager - wouldn't want his growth to be stunted

he's probably not going to eat another one like that for at least another month or 2, so it's not going to be a problem.

Nice pike! Too bad it was from that location, but good on ya for getting rid of it. Though I think if there's pike swimming around in Balsam that size it may be too late to kill them off.

Bet it was a great tasting fish though. I love fresh pike.

is it safe to eat a pike of that size? issues with mercury build up? especially for a teenager - wouldn't want his growth to be stunted

I don't eat fish. We gave it to 3 different people. And I'm 6' 3" and done growing, hopefully, haha.