Need help ASAP..

Gerritt

Hey guys, need a bit of advice...

I am taking 4 kids and the GF camping..

Trying to stay close to home.. and within 100km's there are only 4 Provincial Parks... they are all booked solid except Selkirk.

Is there something I should know about Selkirk? why is it the ONLY one with tons of lots available?

Is there another park I should be looking at within 100kms of Hamilton?

Thanks guys I need to book soon!

G

I know it's a little farther but not that much. Is the Pinery booked? It's a nice getaway with lots of organized stuff for the kids, trails to hike, and spots to fish in the creek. It's got a sandy beach and some nice secluded campsites. We used to go there all the time but somehow got away from camping once the boys arrived. Now we go back just for day trips to hike the trails etc.

JF

Selkirk has vacancies because there is not really a whole lot to do there. There is swimming in the lake, however the shore in the area is not very kid/family friendly. It is rocky with a few clay areas.

There is a cut that runs along the west side of the park that you can canoe in and fish for panfish.

The campsites themselves are very open (field) style sites with little privacy. It's not a bad park, but not my first choice.

Cheers

Craig

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! Fishermans Cove looks nice!! and the Pinery is awesome (been there before)

Decided to take them to Byng's at the suggestion of a very good personal friend and member of the board (Spiel) and Paul... I did not think of it.. even though I was there as a youngster.. all I remember is the HUGE pool!

Thanks guys for all you're suggestions and I will probably visit the ones suggested in the near future

G

Good choice Gerritt.

Canoe rentals, the concrete pond. Lots of fishing in the park or down the road in town or port maitland. A mini- putt at the Grand Island BBQ for a diversion.

I've had cubs and their families at Byng for a family camp. It's a nice place.