SM and LM at wildwood lake

gino

hi guys!

left early from work today ( by noon...) and took my buddy for a nice afternon at wild wood. he is a rookie and he's got his first largemouth , pretty good size...i had a smallmouth and three largies...tried for the first time some senko's... worked pretty good but they are expensive and i already lost three :wallbash:

overall , was a beautifull evening... :thumbsup_anim:

here i have some pics for you....

DSC06977.jpg

DSC06978.jpg

DSC06982.jpg

DSC06981.jpg

DSC06983.jpg

DSC06984.jpg

bass trap...wildwood is a pretty big long lake...i only have a canoe and i always go in the back of the lake in shallow water, but i think you can put your boat in water at the marina, where the conservation is... ;)

Is that lake in St. Marys? Can I take my boat on there with a 50 horse? How big is the lake?

Yes Wildwood lake near St. Marys will allow you to use you boat with a 50 hp...i dont think there is any limit on HP unlike Fanshaw or Pittock. The dock is in the conservation area for the larger boats. Some people with canoes come in off of the bridges that are at the far end of the lake. The main portion of the lake is about 5 miles long and then there is a bridge and no gas powered bots are allowed beyond there but if you have an electric or a canoe it's a nice calm area to fish. This section is about 2 miles long before the lake runs out and it gets really shallow with stumps, just be careful if you go past the second bridge.

This LM came out of there yesterday morning

IMG00130.jpg

• 3 years later...

Are you using a rubber o-ring on those Senkos? Makes a big difference as far as durability goes; sometimes you can get a full days fishing off a single worm. I find I never do as well using any of the other brands of plastic worms; the extra 20 or 30 cents a worm is worth it in my books.