Nosbonsing?

dizzidevil

Hey everyone, just reading one of my outdoors magz and reading an articale about the lake. Has anyone fished the lake and would share some pointers. One of the things in the articale they talked about the sunken island. Where is it? All I know about the lake is Astroville is on the west and Bonefield is too the east. Thinking really hard about hitting the lake, have not been there in 8 years. When I went, I stayed at Happy Holidays and we went to through the narrows to the middle and started to drift for wallies.

I went ice fishing there for a weekend at a place with a bunch of cottages. I forget the name. They served meals in a big hall. There had to be over 50 guys there that weekend. The food was awesome and the huts were OK. The fishing was terrible. The party I was with did not get a single fish. Some guys a few huts down got a pike around 3 lbs...at that was it for the weekend. There were quite a few guys there that had been there in years previous. They told us the fishing was equally unimpressive then too. Apparently the big attraction was the food. Like I say, it was really good (steaks, all you can eat fish fry, big breakfasts, etc) and it was quite affordable. At the end of the weekend, I asked the owner of the place (an old hippy-looking guy) if there was any fish in the lake, or what? He said, "Yeah, brown trout." and laughed like hell.

That's everything I know about Nosbonsing. I hope you have better luck than I did.

I fished it quite a few times. And yes there are lots of fish there. The sunken island is toward the eastern end. If the article you are referring to is the one in the June issue of Ontario Out Of Doors if you look at the map on page 46 the sunken island would be in the area north of the #4.

Trolling the narrows or over the weed beds just north of the narrows on the east side of the narrows can be productive for walleye.

Rick

Off of Hwy 17, turn south on HWY 531. Go to the end of this road and hang a left, then a right just after you cross the railroad tracks. The public boat launch is located just past the closed down Bonfield Hotel. Turn right at the stop sign and go to the end of the road.

Only fished it once mid Aug/02 fished the end of the island near the east end & the north shore had a nice weed bed & we just hammered the pike on Spinnerbaits, my brother said that's the most pike he saw caught there at the time, but they had a house boat and mostly fished for Walleye in the middle

Richard