Why is this site open to lurkers?

I saw more people fishing around Hamilton yesterday than I saw all last week combined. Obviously they're all a secret coven of lurkers trawling the internet in search of the hot sheepshead bite and my post tipped them off. I'm obscuring the background next time to keep the hot drum spots all to myself!

Reality check, there are very few spots that are actually "secret", somehow people knew how to find fish before the internet. Just because they decide to go fishing on the SAME EXACT DAY AS YOU doesn't mean there should be witch trials on web fishing forums. Lol they probably posted a report on another forum and are thinking the exact same thing when they see you muscling in on "their" spot.

But you're right, I look forward to more posts that read like this:

FirstSteel.jpg

I recognize that spot.

And Mark, if you go look at your own history you'll notice that exactly half of every thread started by you is a thread asking for specific spots. So it's ok for folks to give you info but not give it to others? I don't understand your logic.

Well Roy I respectfully disagree with you. I guess it is a question of semantics, but I don't think I ever asked for specific spots. Saying I like this location, does anyone have any valuable info is not the same as "I like to fish and live in Kalamazoo can anyone tell me where to go. Besides which, again, I NEVER said that no one should ask for spots. I said we should take it to PM, which the rules support.

Personally I would use discretion that if someone asked me for a spot and they were a long time contributing member of he board, I would give it, and if not, I probably would not. For me it comes down to a judgement call as to whether I think someone respects the resource, something we lose all control over when we publish it in a public forum.

And lastly, since that is the second cheap shot you have taken at me in the last few days, I am going to take you to task on your logic: pointing out my old posts is cheap and pointless. Why not just discuss the topic instead of bringing up talking points? Are you a politician by any chance? That is like saying "if you ever broke the law, don't EVER talk about the need for security or improved law enforcement in our society."

People can change and we don;t always live up to our own standards 100% of the time, or our ideals change over time.

I don't see how you can defend that I open a topic for discussion, and you (and another poster, not just you) make it personal. THat's just indefensible in IMO and reflects on the kind of person you are.

Ya this topic again, you won`t get much specific info here on fishing locations so I wouldn`t worry about lukers, as I have said before most here would rather let you spend the night with their significant other than give away a fishing spot.

The biggest problem with the resource is the lack of funding and the lack of enforcement of the laws that are inplace for example I have a place at Goreskis on Scugog and every weekend the canal is loaded with casual fisherman I bet I could write 100 tickets for fishing with out a license.

Now are these people hurting the resource by taking a few sunfish probably not but they are indirectly hurting the resource by not forking out the

license fee.

If the resource is of concern to you contact your M.P.P and ask that some of that money that they are pissing away on the auto companies be directed to the M.N.R

Only posted for 2 hours and have 30 replies, you seem to have hit a nerve.

:D

Yeah true, not sure why though. So far almost everyone (who actually READ my post and did not READ INTO my post) have agreed with me, and the dsicussion was pretty much over after TJ's post. Let's recap:

-THe rules already say do not post specific spots

-Posting generalities such as "there are lots of Bass in the Grand" is ok

-THere are other sites that are members only and people can join those if they so desire

-THis site is great the way it is, so why change it

I agree 100% with all these statements. And now that we have had this brief interlude, lets get back to what's important:

I think I will hit the Lake O Lakefront for some Bass/Pike action tonight.

90% of the people on this board live within 100 miles of 10 million people.

now, think about this.

awww crap...he just posted my secret fishing spot, now everybody is gonna be there.

Any fish in that neck of the woods is darned lucky to still be swimming, beat up as it is.

CO's and C&R be darned

I caught a Pike at Toronto Islands and now everybody is fishing there because Bob posted it on here.

heck, fishing spots aren't even secrets up here.

But that friggin worm dangler better not mention Rock Lake one more time or else

Oh well, I learned to tie worm harnesses this weekend at least

:D

Well...I didn't know there were fish there....maybe I'll see you there :rolleyes:

sorry...couldn't help it

So... exactly where are you going??? ... LOL.. sorry.. i couldnt help it..