Shimano Compre VS. St.Croix Premier

CrappieCamo

2 pcs med. heavy rod, what do you guys' vote? One piece rod should be better, but due to the convenience, need to get a 2pcs one. Prices for these two rods are quite the same, so, give me your 2cents:)

Shimano Compre (IM-8 graphite): CPC-X610MHB2 6'10" MH XF LINE10-20 lURE 3/8-1 2pcs

St.Croix Premier (Premium-quality SCII graphite): PC66MHF2 6'6" MH Fast LINE 10-20 lURE 3/8-1 2pcs

Edited by CrappieCamo

The St.Croix, being that its only a "fast action" will have more of a spongy tip to it. Were as the Shimano is "extra-fast action" will be a stiffer tip.

Two rods almost identical...yet so different.

I'd also bug you to bump up to the Avid Series St.Croix's. They're 50ish dollars more but you get a lifetim ewarranty as opposed to the 5 year...but still, you'll be happy with either I'm sure :D .

Thank you, all of you gave great info. About Avid series, St.Croix only has one piece casting rod, but i need it to be two pieces... I have a Avid MH spinning rod, love it so much, totally worth for the money.

Considering the warranty is a good point! I think i might go for Shimano Compre for life time warranty. Thanks!

The Compres are lots of rod for the $, and they seem to be very lenient with the lifetime warranty. I know of 2 folks that have slammed rod tips in car doors, been very up front about it with shimano, and still had the rods replaced. I have 4 Compres and like them a lot.

The difference between extra fast and fast could make a difference. If it's a huck-and-crank rod (crankbaits, spinnerbaits) then the slower action of the St Croix might be nice. IMHO, the speed and sensitivity of the Compres really lend themselves to jig fishing.