Walleye In-Sider Magazine

Headhunter

I have been a subscriber of this magazine for a number of years. Yesterday in the mail, I received notice that Walleye In-Sider Magazine will no longer be published.

I can't say I'm surprised, as the magazine is so closely tied to the former, now defunct PWT.

In place of my regular subscritption, I will now be receiving a regional edition of Game and Fish magazine.

I won't comment on that mag,. as I have never seen it. I'll let you know my thoughts upon arrival.

Just thought I'd pass the news along!

HH

I guess that leaves the FLW - Walleye magazine and The Next Bite as sources for walleye info.

That's what happens when a big fish takes over a small fish - after a while it disappears also.

Sorry to see Walleye In-Sider go, have a LOT of back issues, inlcuding many in the original newspaper format, May have to hang to them a llittle while longer.

Cheers

I have been a subscriber of this magazine for a number of years. Yesterday in the mail, I received notice that Walleye In-Sider Magazine will no longer be published.

I can't say I'm surprised, as the magazine is so closely tied to the former, now defunct PWT.

In place of my regular subscritption, I will now be receiving a regional edition of Game and Fish magazine.

I won't comment on that mag,. as I have never seen it. I'll let you know my thoughts upon arrival.

Just thought I'd pass the news along!

HH

That is odd. I too subscribed to the Walleye In-Sider mag and I too got the little white notice in the mail. What is odd is that I will be receiving the In-Fisherman magazine until my sub runs out. Is that what you were offered?

The paper I received indicated I would be getting "Game and Fish" magazine... although I would rather get In-Fisherman as a consolation.

I have recently recieved an In-Fisherman in the mail, I thought it was just a promotion... oh well, we'll just see what shows up!

HH

What was a few years back a really informative magazine went on a steady decline until it was almost just one big Berkley advertisement. I cancelled my subscription a couple years back, but hold on to those older editions because the information is still valid and the magazines themselves may be worth a few bucks some day.

For me all the magazines are just rehashing over old stuff..........not much more can be said about a fish after all these years. At one time I use to subscribe to In-Fishermen and still have many back issues. Now I don't even pick one up to look at when I pass the magazine rack in a store.

I also find most fishing shows BORING as the market is watered down with it, especially now that most shows are just a info commercial........

Fishing magazines have come and gone over and over. How many new twists to the same story can one have? How often does a magazine turn into nothing more than a giant advert. After all, the first rule of journalism. 'We don't sell news. We sell advertising'. Once that magazine gets that old/tired image, the readership drops and so does revenue. Over time it is hard to keep it fresh and interesting.

With a pissy economy, and an abundance of rags out there, articles have to reflect the advertising dollar. If my big dollar comes from Shimano, I'm not going to do a feature review on Quantum reels. Nor would you rip apart Shimano product. You lose the revenue right quick.

Same difficulties for the TV shows. Too many