I need a new boat! HELP!

Big Cliff

Looks like a nice boat Cliff. I'd really think long and hard about the power though. Max it out!! You won't regret it, and it does make a difference. I'm not talking speed, just overall responsiveness and handling. If you don't do it now, it will be more $ down the rd.

My boat is rated for a 40, I put a 30 on it and its a whole different rig. I didn't like it at all. With the 40, its great!!

S.

Yes I agree, no two ways about it...nothing more annoying than an under-powered boat....especially when it comes to putting a few people or lots of gear in it.

Hi Cliff. I looked at that boat and motor in a side console model. I got a Sylvan instead with a 60 Yammie.

My boat is a V hull and weighs in at 804 compared to your 834.

Its rated for a 75 and I wouldn't want any less than the 60.

Looking at the same weight basically I would say get the 60 on yours. My decision was based a lot on the fact that a 50 and 60 are the same weight, but the 75 is another 150 lbs.

I don't know why they rate the same size and weight boat so different, but maybe the V hull does it.

PS, If you go with a yammie, they have a trolling kit that will let you control RPM's in 50 rpm increments from standard idle speed of 750, all the way down to 450. Would make for great trolling with no kicker, and you can't hear a 4 stroke run. its actually funny. my electric makes more noise that the 60

Well, I have listened long and hard, researched as much as I can and I am pleased to say we now have a quote on that package with the 60 on it. Got a few loose ends to tie up yet (fish finder GPS) and some safety equipment but with all your help and input I think/hope we'll have a new boat very soon.

Well, I have listened long and hard, researched as much as I can and I am pleased to say we now have a quote on that package with the 60 on it. Got a few loose ends to tie up yet (fish finder GPS) and some safety equipment but with all your help and input I think/hope we'll have a new boat very soon.

I'm guessing $17,900.00 with no trailer taxes extra

I think you might improve your options considerably if you were open to both a riveted boat and welded boat. I have a welded boat, a Crestliner, and it's a decent boat, but I've also owned riveted boats that have been good to me. I'm just saying you'd have more options and a better chance of finding a deal. Personally I think one of the best made boats on the market today is Alumacraft, but besides them you could look at Lund, G3, and Princecraft. Dealers should be willing to negotiate this time of year. One nice thing about the Alumacraft is the double hull, especially if you fish the rocks.

Dara, I am courious, Where did you come up with that #?

Are you a dealer or something?

Cliff

I just bought pretty close to the same boat. I'm looking at the differences, no trailer, motor, location, and taking a guess.

I saw a deal on the same as what I got in North bay and I may have saved a bit, but I don't know exactly what the package was there. I think I did ok on mine, but I do like to buy local so sometimes I have to spend a few extra dollars. I'm in construction and don't like seeing out of town contractors here so I practice what I preach.

I think you might improve your options considerably if you were open to both a riveted boat and welded boat. I have a welded boat, a Crestliner, and it's a decent boat, but I've also owned riveted boats that have been good to me. I'm just saying you'd have more options and a better chance of finding a deal. Personally I think one of the best made boats on the market today is Alumacraft, but besides them you could look at Lund, G3, and Princecraft. Dealers should be willing to negotiate this time of year. One nice thing about the Alumacraft is the double hull, especially if you fish the rocks.

I liked the Alumacraft line too, however dealers in Canada are few and far between. When I bought a Princecraft last year, I could not find one Alumacraft dealer in Ontario.

I found the Lund dealers had little or no inventory.

Other than the west coast boats, (North River etc), Crestliner is probably the only welded hull I would consider. But that's just me.

Two years ago my buddy bought an Alumacraft. He put a deposit down with a dealer in PA at a big boat show. I found him the exact same deal for thousands less at Lacannes Marine in Faribault MN. The PA dealer couldn't touch the deal nor anyone else we contacted. He saved almost $3K after the cost of going out and getting it, which was over 2,000 miles round trip. Plus we had a fun road trip and I ate the best wings I've ever had in my life.