CBC I-Desk

blaque

What are y'alls thoughts on this addition to CBC's broadcast during these NHL playoffs.

Sorry, but i just watch this stuff and cant help but long for yesteryear when less was more

Hockey on white ice, white boards, no sponsorships labeled all over the boards and the ice

No multimillion dollar contracts.............and NO I-DESK!!! I get the corporate side of it and all, Marketing yada yada,

but I had to get this I-desk thing off my chest, its gone too far, they might as well broadcast it

sipping a frappacino from inside a Starbucks. I just watch this stuff and shake my head lol

I apologize as its late friday and im locked in the office

Personally I think they should bring back the FoxTrax puck :) :)

I cannot see a black puck on white ice!!!!!

These decision makers actually sat at a conference table somewhere, at some point, and MADE this call and are still out there today making a living doing the same thing.

I've gotten to the point where I leave the room as soon as the period ends and come back when I hear the game on again. The paint on the boards and the ice is harder to ignore but I'm getting better at it. We decided during Game I that Detroit has a better centre ice circle than most.

Too bad about the Don Cherry production at the beginning of last night's game. I accidentally saw a few seconds of that bombastic ass.

Oh for the good ole days.

JF

I've gotten to the point where I leave the room as soon as the period ends and come back when I hear the game on again. The paint on the boards and the ice is harder to ignore but I'm getting better at it. We decided during Game I that Detroit has a better centre ice circle than most.

Too bad about the Don Cherry production at the beginning of last night's game. I accidentally saw a few seconds of that bombastic ass.

Oh for the good ole days.

JF

I didnt see the beginning of the game, but i saw some footage later of what im guessing your referring to. Something like Don Cherry in a Pink suit arriving to shore in a small boat accompanied by two females?

I didnt see the beginning of the game, but i saw some footage later of what im guessing your referring to. Something like Don Cherry in a Pink suit arriving to shore in a small boat accompanied by two females?

That was it.

JF

I hear ya...my brother and i were discussing the game during gm 1 and we were both saying that we wont the game back! The game like you guys said white boards, white ice, RED LINE IN, clutching and grabing, neutral zone trap, and 1 ref. I want my hockey back!!

But you can leave the new Gatorade commercials...i like those!

Edited by anders

I hear ya...my brother and i were discussing the game during gm 1 and we were both saying that we wont the game back! The game like you guys said white boards, white ice, RED LINE IN, clutching and grabing, neutral zone trap, and 1 ref. I want my hockey back!!

At first I was in favour of the new centre line rule, but I've decided I liked the game better without those different area code breakout passes. Too many cherry pickers camping on the far blue line putting extra workload on the grunts - OV and his two minute shifts comes to mind. There'd be too much work to do if he was back in the play.

Of course if the size of the players continues to increase they'll soon have to add a few extra zones to the ice area so there'll be room for those 12 huge bodies to skate. Every once in a while I see somebody I know out on the ice and that puts the players' size into context for me. These guys are freakin' huge, and they've got mobility like little squirts.

JF