Fishin Scugog with the girl friend

So last night convinced my girlfriend into coming fishing with me down at one of the lake accesses near her house..(by Ceserea/Scugog point)

the walk to the lake is literally a 2 minute walk (so there is NO excuses! of why we cant go :P)..

we have fished this sandy/gravel area many times the past year and a half and noticed plenty of bait fish, and pan fish

which we actually spent a majority of the afternoon fishing for, where we would wade out into the water up to our waists pulling in dozens of big rock bass and sunfish.

her favorite part of this was the fact that there were any where from two -to- a dozen decent sized sunfish chasing her lure almost everytime !

haha she was loving it !

So after feeling like a little kid for the past 3 or so hours I figured I'd be generous and call it a day, as when ever we go fishing she normaly gets bored after about 2 hours or so.. and we had been fishing for almost 3 or 4.. so i thought id be the nice guy and that maybe we should head in and grab some dinner and maybe come back when the sun starts to go down..

That was not the case.. lol she apperently was not to happy about that idea as she was having to much fun! :o that right there was my sign.!

i have finaly got her "hooked on fishing" :P

haha about 45 minutes go by.. its now 5 o'clock .. and shes hungry..and after catching a dozen Lunker Sunfish and rock bass and the odd Perch .. on basically anything, I was not complaining !

so we head in for dinner and a movie and then we were right back out there for about 8:30-9 o'clock ..

and I had one thing on my mind.. WALLEYE (as haven't caught one yet this year :| )

so i whip out the D-Zillion and the crank bait rod, with every xrap and walleye diver iv got. mean while the GF is looking for the fun'est lure she can find.. which for her happend to be just about and one of the Gulp Alive plastics i had..

after a few casts, with the X-rap caught a jumbo blue gill.. and she had a nice rock bass. all in all good start to the night .. two more casts. and i feel a tap. i think to my self.. COULD this be the first "W" of the season for moi :-O and sure enough it was .. just over 1lb..released it.. take another cast, and the same thing. and about the same size! hmm feels like we are on to somthing :D

so I take 1 more cast.. OBVIOUSLY.. splash.... twitch twitch twitch....... WHAMMM'Oh...! :o

haha this thing was BIG :D and defenetly a musky.. so me tryin to be the nice guy.. warned my GF that its probably a nice sized musky, and the first thing that she says is.. "um arnt they the ones with big teeth ?!" before i could answer she was outa the water standing on shore.. lol

so while she was on shore i asked her to grab the camera.. i figgured if i was able to land this thing she could atleast take a quick pic.

but of course SOME ONE had taken the camera out of the side pocket <_< so after fighting it on a 10lb fluro leader and it jumping twice.. i thought it was for sure getting off.. but that was not the case.. we ended up catching it, and messured it to be just over 44''. my Personal best, though it was out of season , so we quickly released it to fight another day.

after that, we called it a night, and headed back up to the house.

All in all, we both had an awesome time !

and yes, we are going back out again tonight :D

PS I do apologize for the boring read :P

Thanks again

- a fellow angler

Edited by fish-miester

Boring?...you crazy?! great read.

Love that the missus has the fishin' flu now, i got my wife into topwater lure fishing last year, could not believe she fished for 7 hrs straight, she hates walleye fishing though. :mellow:

Anyway, thanks for posting,

haha i was the only 1 with a cell phone.. and i was in a car accident 2 weeks ago.. totaled the car.. and now my cell phone only works for calls.. but i will defenetly post pictures next time we go out ! i made sure the camera is in my takle bag.

and i cant wait for musky and bass to open so she can start hooking into them !

shes already got her own tackle box and lures now.. every time we go to bass pro she finds lures that she likes .. or i'll suggest types of lures and shel pick colors and brands. etc !

we'v been dating for about 2 years now .. and well when ever we used to go camping, she would be all hesitant about fishing. but now shes like hey you can bring the boat, and we can have all day fishin trips on different lakes.... :D haha Sounds good to me !