Owen Sound Help

super dave

Hello Everyone.

Does anyone know the Owen Sound area that can help me out? I will be there for a night for work and was hoping to wet a line after work. I'll go for anything. I steelhead but main in the east and have never ventured to the Georgian bay tribs. Sydenham still holding some? Or is there a small lake nearby where I can launch the tube for a couple of hours for pike or walleye?

Any tips and suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks!

Haven't been there for some years but there's a gorgeous stretch of river below Inglis Falls that always held a nice mix of pan sized rainbows, specks and browns. The Pottawatomi River west of town holds some nice browns as well. Any weedy bay north of town on the east side of the peninsula should have pike. As I said, it's been a while but that's how it was.

• 1 month later...

not a lot of fising from shore in the sound this time of year i don't think, but there are a number of small creeks nearby with browns and rainbows. the upper sydenham can be good this time of year, but i'm unsure of the details. you should check in at watson's tackle--they'll know better than i! good luck!