Fraser River Sturgeon

Sinker

Sea food probably can't get fresher than that :thumbsup_anim:

I've always wanted to go to the Fraser to try my hand at catching the ultimate bottom feeder :lol:

Awesome report and great pics. Thanks for sharing

Awesome report and pics Shayne :thumbsup_anim:

You guys sure got into some great action fighting them prehistoric creatures!!! I've only caught one 11Lbs one on the Ottawa and thought that was the ultimate.... but after seeing your brother's.... well mine was just bait.

Great job you guys and

thanks for taking the time to post and share with us

Leechman

Excellent report and pics Sinker!!! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I don't know if I'd have fished for the Sturgeon or went for some Halibut... that'd be a tough choice!

Glad you had a great time and got to see your brother!!!

Thanks for the comments folks!

I hear ya Glen. I did look into a halibut trip, but it was more money, and much, much farther to go to get them. The place we fished was only 40 mins from my bro's place, and we got a deal because it was the slow time of year for sturgeon. It was a last minute trip that just came out of the blue. I made the best of the little time I had out there, and my limited funds at the time. If I ever get back there again, halibut is on my list for sure. I'd love to go bottom fishing out there!!!

Sinker

Congrats on the Sturgeon man! Looks like a great time out there. Haven't been to the W coast in some time. That report kindof gave me the itch to get back out there. When you start scheming about a Halibut trip, drop me a line, its on the to-do list for sure!

Congrats on the Sturgeon man! Looks like a great time out there. Haven't been to the W coast in some time. That report kindof gave me the itch to get back out there. When you start scheming about a Halibut trip, drop me a line, its on the to-do list for sure!

Its gonna be a while yet bud. I have a trip to the east coast planned first. I gotta get me some fresh codfish der b'ye!

Thanks for the comments folks!

I hear ya Glen. I did look into a halibut trip, but it was more money, and much, much farther to go to get them. The place we fished was only 40 mins from my bro's place, and we got a deal because it was the slow time of year for sturgeon. It was a last minute trip that just came out of the blue. I made the best of the little time I had out there, and my limited funds at the time. If I ever get back there again, halibut is on my list for sure. I'd love to go bottom fishing out there!!!

A sunny day with 10 fish on 2 lines is a pretty good day by any standard. I hope the iced salmon in the picture isn't where your "sockeye" came from. LOL. there were some pretty marked up tigers in there.

Did you try any of the yellow eyes in the picture? They are excellent eating fish, and with any luck, you'll get those the next time you're over there fishing for halibut. Remember to ask how fast the boat is when you ask for the charter's halibut rates.