premium polarized shades

Raf

Never cared for Oakley's, more fashion accessory than optics. There are better lenses out there for the money.

I always preferred frameless or half frames with polycarbonate lenses, they'll scratch if you're not careful but glass lenses weigh a ton and if you wear glasses for hours on end they really bother me. Just get a hard case and they'll last for years.

I've got a dozen pairs kicking around but the only ones I ever really wear are H2Optix, with the amber lenses they are awesome glasses. Clarity is great, on the water for ten hours with no eye strain and so light I forget I'm wearing them. Only problem is Bolle sold/traded the line to Serengeti and they don't seem to be the same quality lenses anymore. If you can find Bolle H2Optix in amber they've been the best glasses I've worn.

Just got some polarized Bolle Habu's in the mail yesterday. Bolle is known for good optics and I don't have any complaints yet. They are replacing a pair I absolutely destroyed over the past 2 years :)

I just bought a good pair of polarized for the first time. I got the Oakley Twitch. I've had several pairs of Oakleys now and can't go wrong. I find the quality great and customer service excellent as well. Have had a couple replacement pairs shipped to me with no questions asked.

Also I recommend you check out steepandcheap.com They frequently have eyewear (and all kinds of camping gear) on sale with great prices. thats where I bought mine. Can't go wrong with a pair of polarized oakleys for $75. Just be careful as some of the brands can only be shipped to US addresses. but none the less, there are some great deals to be had.

thanks for the input everyone. i am going to stick with the costa del mars.. been trying on different kinds in the last few days and the costas just seem to fit my face best.

thanks for the recommendations of steepanccheep.com too. i've been eyeing them as well but they typically have poly or 400 lenses. I don't want plastic lenses and i am going to go all out and get their flagship, glass 580 lenses

Edited by Raf