Pic of the Scugog Musky

ScugogBoy

Sorry I could not find my post from last week....maybe I accidently hit the delete button?...Sorry

Anyhow...GCD had asked to see a picture of the musky we accidently hooked while catching eyes on Scugog last week....here it is-sorry for the poor quality...it was taken with a phone camera..

To those guys that PM'd me and asked for a location.....I've sent you back directions...by the way.-this weekend was just as good...we were busy eating walley for breakfast/lunch and dinner-so we could get back on the dock and catch our legal limits...

musky.jpg

Please don't take this the wrong way. Just a little constructive advice.

I understand the catch was incidental and you mention in your report that you had a heck of a time trying to revive the fish and hoped that it made it.

When holding a large fish for the obligatory photo, whether it be a Muskie or Pike, try to cradle it instead of the verticle hold. When you hold a fish in the manner you have shown, all the guts tend to sag towards the tail of the fish which then makes it very difficult for the fish to gain it's balance when you release it.

Tom McCutcheon

Release Director

MuskiesCanada

Kawartha Chapter.

By the way

Nice Fish.

When holding a large fish for the obligatory photo, whether it be a Muskie or Pike, try to cradle it instead of the verticle hold. When you hold a fish in the manner you have shown, all the guts tend to sag towards the tail of the fish which then makes it very difficult for the fish to gain it's balance when you release it.

Tom McCutcheon

Release Director

MuskiesCanada

Kawartha Chapter.

By the way

Nice Fish.

Excellent advise Tom and well stated. :thumbsup_anim: