The weekend begins

bigugli

Figured I'd start the weekend off at the pond again. The Mrs dropped me off at the park with a stern scolding to check in every few hours :rolleyes: Another beautiful day out there with not a soul around, except this fellow.

DSCN2479.jpg

This is the first time I've seen a beaver in the pond. He wasn't happy to see me at first, but after 15 minutes he didn't seem to mind. It's good to see them make a comeback in the Niagara region.

It was a very busy day with a constant bite from 10am. onward. The minnows are running back to the lake and the perch were in hot pursuit. While I caught lots of perch, this heron was gorging himself on the minnows.

DSCN2481.jpg

It was easily a 100 fish day. In a weeks time the perch should be back in the lake and the primary target in the pond will be cats and carp again. This white perch was huge.

DSCN2482.jpg

Tonights dinner guests.

DSCN2483.jpg

Got to run out to the pond again today and the bite is still on. The inlet from the lake silted up over the weekend co the perch are stuck in the pond. Even the Heron has shifted from eating minnows to scarfing down small perch.

Despite the wind , a beautiful day. Caught enough for tomorrow's dinner.

DSCN2486.jpg