What tax is there on a private sale(boat)

Scott S

terry, i think most people are against giving the government money because they already take so much. we are forced to pay taxes and a lot of the money gets wasted on ridiculous things such as sending it to other countries for aid or bailouts when it could be used for healthcare, education, roads, etc. they STEAL over $600 in taxes every check so im sure as hell gonna "steal" from them every chance i get.

what is the purpose of collecting tax on a trailer or boat?

we get taxed way too much so we should share tips with others to keep OUR hard earned money in OUR pockets instead of paying for politicians vacations. :rolleyes:B):D

yeah, but if everyone paid their full amount of taxes and people didn't rip off EI and welfare and work under the table and not claim the money they make on basement apartments maybe the government could lower taxes...LOL ........sorry I couldn't even finish typing it out without breaking up........but in an ideal world......

I think this discussion got a way out of hand.

I don't know anyone who would change price tags on an item, besides you can't anyway, the price of something is built into the bar code, not the sticker. And bringing murder into this discussion is simply ridiculous, even as an example.

All I did and will do again, is have the price on a receipt marked lower than the actual payment price. So the government got maybe $50 less dollars than they should have, if that. Sure I know it's wrong, but so is rolling through a stop sign on a country road when my car is the only one in sight. Do you think anyone, including the government truly cares?

so if I understand you right you stop your crime at murder and you can't switch tags cause you would get caught

but smaller crimes are fine, if we meet at a M&G should I hold on tight to my wallet or is that one of the crimes you won't commit. apparently,we need to ask how far people are willing to go on this board....

but as for bringing in murder, it was for the silly factor, people set in their own minds what laws they are willing to break

some people see speeding as an ok crime to commit

ripping off the gov. is always fine

but take a picture of your daughter holding a OOS fish and let the law abiding do-gooders come out of the woodwork and cry bloody murder that the photograph law have been violated,

I think some people have a wraped sense honur

I deal with people everday trying to avoid taxes...

the contractor that wants cash for his job...

the client that wants to pay in cash (wink..!, wink!)...

the employee who wants to get paid under the table while he or she is on E.I...

the neighbour who rents his cottage out for "cash"... over and over again ... all summer..

and the guy who wants to buy that used boat for cash...!

its endemic in this part of the country... and the virus is spreading!

But, maybe "they" are right?... screw the government... the other "they" only waste the money "we" give "them"... on silly "pet projects"... such as repairing roads, hospitals, schools... silly projects really...!

and another thing... fishing licences!...now there's a money grab...! more taxes... well I say screw that too.... just go fishing...

maybe if you get caught (fishing without a licence).. you could always pay off the C.O. "under the table"?

Why should the government take "our" money... let "them" find their own money... silly buggers..

Where'd do they think they're coming from?

Now remember everyone... pay no taxes..!!!! Avoid all taxes where-ever possible... !!!!

We'll all be better off!

If I buy a used boat privately, what tax do I have to pay and where do I pay it ??. I know I have to register the boat but I don't have to pay the tax there do I.

Thanks Scooter

I just done mine and there was no tax to be paid on the boat its a 20hp, I had to have two receipts one for the value of the trailer the other she said she has no interest in seeing that it has nothing to do with them, when I registered my new numbers again she said dont care what you paid just need to see that you did pay