Reports - Quinte Opener, Rice Opener

Stoty

Here are my first reports from my new Ranger!

Quinte Opener (Tourny)

My partner Colin and I hit up the annual Bay of Quinte opening weekend tournament to test our luck/skills against those Walleye.

It was a pretty slow weekend, but ended up with a PIG of a fish! 8.42 lbs, good enough to give us a top 20 finish in the tournament.

Fish was caught on a Lunkerhunt - Goby - 6" - pearl white in 8 feet of water. If you haven't had a chance to try these Lunkerhunt baits...head to CT and pick up a pack!

We found a TINY underwater point that went from 6 feet to 8 feet and the fish were stacked on it! We caught 5 pike and the massive walleye all from the same spot!

Thank god for GPS units! We would have never been able to find that spot again if it wasnt for the GPS!

The picture of the fish doesnt do it any justice...it was a PIG!

2009_walleye03.jpg

Yesterday my dad and I finally got out together to try some Rice Lake Walleye action.

This was the first time in a few years we have found the time to get out together. so it was a very nice morning!

(I did outfish him, which made my morning even better! haha)

With the overnight cold front that came through...not much was happening, but managed to get one bite.

It was a nice fish that HAMMERED a black bucktail jig along a weedline. Around 3 lbs. Tasted great for dinner last night!

2009_walleye01.jpg

2009_walleye02.jpg

Cheers,

*Stoty

Edited by Stoty