trolling motor battery question

Wendel

Quick question guys.

I have a charging system on my motor, I was wondering if it's possible for it to charge both the starting battery and the trolling motor battery with it?

Can I just run wires back to it, or would I need another device to do this?

My trolling battery usually holds a charge pretty good, but this weeknd fishing the river I had to use it alot, I'd like to be able to leave my motor running at idle and charge my battery up in times like this if possible.

I wouldn't run wires off the existing system......I'm no expert but I think you could overload it and and blow it.

DC chargers are cheep enough and take the power from you existing system and amp it up for dispersion to as many batteries as you want. I run a two bank (10amp per bank) DC sharger in my boat.......1hr of run time will completely charge my two DM31's from dead. I never lose power on 4 day weekend camping trips and I'm on that thing sun up to sun down.....

PM me for a price, I can get you a Minn Kota AC and /or DC charger for a good price.

RR

......1hr of run time will completely charge my two DM31's from dead. I never lose power on 4 day weekend camping trips and I'm on that thing sun up to sun down.....

RR

I would believe that's a techical immpossibilty, charging 2 group DM31's from dead to full charge in 1 hour. Most batteries, with the rare exception, can't sustain a charge of more than C20 for a very short time without overheating, warping the plates and dying. Either your batteries are not actually dead or only showing a surface charge, false reading.

I would believe that's a techical immpossibilty, charging 2 group DM31's from dead to full charge in 1 hour. Most batteries, with the rare exception, can't sustain a charge of more than C20 for a very short time without overheating, warping the plates and dying. Either your batteries are not actually dead or only showing a surface charge, false reading.

I have to agree 100%.

If you want to charge your trolling motor batteries from you outboard it can be done and done the correct way but it gets a bit pricey. Not worth it in my opinion but here's the info if your interested.

http://myweb.cableone.net/jonestrollingmot...57e29178-9.html