Got out today, cold but worthwhile

Cudz

THe awful weather could not keep me off the water. I booked this day off (got a pass from the wife) a month ago and I was going fishing no matter what. Decided to fish wasaga beach (was not my choice but it was not my boat either so I really had no choice). Morning weather and conditions were less than desirable but we kept on. Eventually when a bad fog rolled in we decided to troll in the river. I got to use my new mini planer boards and they worked very well. All fish were caught on planer board lines.

Over all we ended up with 1 nice chrome steelhead and 2 catfish. One cat was 10 pounds and the other was an impressive 27 pounds!!! :o

cat1.JPG

rainbow.JPG

cat2.JPG

Edited by Cudz

Yeah big shoulders on that cat. Caught using a drop shot 7' medium action. Small net = one shot to get it landed. Managed to do it.

Here is a second pic of that same 27 pound cat.

cat_livy.JPG

Damb Cuz that's a huge cat!! Congrats! does that steelhead have a HUGE eye or is it just me?

-Ben

Evolution........the only steelies that survive in G'Bay are the ones that can dodge the gillnets.

Wow that is a HUGE kittie for Ontario, good shooting.

What were you guys using, the prevailing wisdom on the Grand is that the kitty's don't start hitting the hardware until the end of May?

Beautiful fish mate, well done.

Evolution........the only steelies that survive in G'Bay are the ones that can dodge the gillnets.

Damn straight mate.. sad sad but true.

Wow that is a HUGE kittie for Ontario, good shooting.

What were you guys using, the prevailing wisdom on the Grand is that the kitty's don't start hitting the hardware until the end of May?

trolling hard baits. That 27# had a big belly as seen in the pic where the guy in red jacket is holding it.

Well that fish almost looks like a skamania. Long lean and the larger eye. And that is the right area for them in huron. My interest has peaked. Did it dance?

she came out once only at the very start. Not a huge jump but it was more than a roll. She had roe inside her (this is the fish from the other thread you responded to).

WOW, That Channel Cat is HUGE!

The Ontario record is 29 lbs, so that one is not far off at 27 lbs.

Congrats! Didn't you catch a 7lb smallie on Simcoe last year?

Those are some big fish.

WOW, That Channel Cat is HUGE!

The Ontario record is 29 lbs, so that one is not far off at 27 lbs.

Congrats! Didn't you catch a 7lb smallie on Simcoe last year?

Those are some big fish.

yeah, got a 7 last year.

I didn't realize the record was 29 pounds!! Wow.

beauty fish.

Some hugh cats in there, not near as many as Dunnville but a way better chance of getting one over 25#.

we got 4 one night between 25-28#(on the normarks) but just couldnt crack the 30.