A beautiful afternoon for fishing

bigugli

Having my honey do list caught up by 11, I got the warden to drop me off at the pond for some more relaxation. Sunny skies, birds a chirpin, a cool breeze and lots of fish.

I started off tossing a float out on my ultralite, hoping for some perch. Figured that would give me time to set up a bottom rig on the uglystick.. That little task ended up taking over 20 minutes. 4 cookie cutter cats in that space of time all 1-2 lb size.

DSCN2442.jpg

Finally got the heavier rod rigged and line out with cut bait to catch some more kitties

DSCN2443.jpg

DSCN2449.jpg

It was a great afternoon. Fish biting every 10-15 minutes. The place all to myself except for the birds, and a few came to visit. The blackbird was oblivious to me sitting there.

DSCN2447.jpg

DSCN2448.jpg

This heron just kept getting closer and closer. Don't have the greatest zoom so the pics are a bit blurry.

DSCN2444-1.jpg

DSCN2445-1.jpg

Big fish of the day was another fat carp. They seem to like the cut bait at the moment. I don't often hear of lamprey striking carp, but the big hole on this carp's belly sure looks like it.

DSCN2450.jpg

Just another wonderful afternoon.

Try and have a little more respect for the fish though man.....

How so? I would think quickly beached on wet sand is preferable to being tangled up in a net or put up on dry ground. Minimum handling

How so? I would think quickly beached on wet sand is preferable to being tangled up in a net or put up on dry ground. Minimum handling

Rolling around in the gravel probably isn't the best place for em.....its one thing to lift em up out of the water for a second or two to get a shot, but on the ground like that, dry or wet....not a good idea man. I'm not trying to criticize buddy.....just trying to educate. There are countless articles written about proper catch and release techiniques....that ain't one of em! And yes, a soft material net left in the water would be more preferable.