quinte opener

sonny

Well it's that time again!!! heading up to the bay of quinte today at the strike of noon,,lol,,,anyone on the water wishing to chat,,,i will be monitoring channel 68 on the vhf,,,good luck,,,can't wait to catch my fist walleye of the season!!

I'm heading there for the weekend as well.

Also in the derby. First time fishing quinte on the softwater...so hopefully we get into some fish!

Top 10 prize would also be nice!

If anyone see's two young guys in a Blue ranger with "Lunkerhunt" stickers on the windshield....give me a holler!

First time fishing quinte on the softwater...so hopefully we get into some fish!

Top 10 prize would also be nice!

Stoty, long line 6" minnow baits close to shore after dark......then go collect your prizes ;)

Stoty, long line 6" minnow baits close to shore after dark......then go collect your prizes

Ya, I figured trolling was the best option for the Bay.

How deep are they right now? Shouldnt they be a little shallower than normal right now?

10-15 ft?

Thanks for the tip!

Can't say fer sure how deep they are right now Stoty, but in 2 weeks we'll be getting them anywhere freom 8-12', so that should be a good depth for you to try.

Blue/clear/orange Long "A"s trolled about 100' back from the boat have always proved to work best for me after dark.

The pickeral usually stay active till around 11 or 12 at night then shut right down.