Cats on the Grand

Jen

You know when you have been asked a million times, can we go fishing it means something. When life gets too busy, too hectic and you forget to sit back and just listen to the little people in your lives you really have to give yourself a kick... Sunday afternoon Christian headed out to the point on his own... and came back smiling ear to ear with this

(check out the fish for camera hold he has, boy has he learned a lot from the net! ) lol

2009catcharters048.jpg

Last Night when the boys asked we listened!

Steve took Christian, Zachary and I out for a couple of hours of down time... to catch Zachary his FIRST Channel Cat and to hopefully beat Christians biggest fish so far.

The night was beautiful, of course that didn't last long, as soon as Steve said he was going fishing the wind picked up... (I think the wind gods hear the word fishing and start blowing)... So off we went no worries about the wind, the anchors held and we managed 8 or so Cats and one Walleye in the couple of hours we were out.

Zachary reeled in the first fish, this very old tired looking Walleye and said "Dang it isn't a catfish, I wanted a Catfish!" Steve and I both laughed, in all the time we have fished neither of us have ever caught a walleye while catfishing with cutbait... We were thrilled, he couldn't wait to get it off his line and put his rod back in the water.

2009catcharters062.jpg

2009catcharters066.jpg

Only to catch this... and you can tell by the picture he was very happy it was the species he was after!

2009catcharters072.jpg

2009catcharters076.jpg

Then it was Christians turn for a picture

2009catcharters077.jpg

2009catcharters079.jpg

And a couple more fish with his big brother helping out

2009catcharters084.jpg

2009catcharters085.jpg

Oh Oh

Hook stuck in net, Steve steps in

2009catcharters086.jpg

2009catcharters088.jpg

2009catcharters089.jpg

Last fish dropped in the boat for the day

2009catcharters090.jpg

and it was time to head home...

Thanks Steve for taking Me and my boys out fishing, they truly did enjoy every hyper, bouncy, overactive moment!

Cheers,

Jen

Edited by Jen - Bernadette