Johnny Cash fans! NF

Headhunter

Well, to those who say he doesn't sound like Cash, how many of you can actually say you heard Johnny sing when he was 16 years old? Might well have sounded like that... regardless, I think the kid's got something going on and I look forward to hearing more from him in the future!

Man, it seems to me that there are some folks here who simply must be the polar opposite of just about anything anybody says... must be fun folks to live with! <_<

HH

I don't get the attitude. The worst that was said of the kid was that he doesn't sound like Cash.

He sounds good, but he doesn't sound like Johnny. I don't know what Johnny sounded like at 16, but then no one does. Therefore, we have to compare his voice to that of the Cash we know (about 24-71 years old). When you do that you then realise he does not sound like Cash. If you still disagree then by all means come on over to my place. We'll have a few beers and I can play you nearly all of Johnny's regular issue albums. We'll start with his Sun record days, move on to Columbia, then Mercury and finish with the American recordings.

He does a great cover of Ring of Fire.One of my all time favorite songs.To say that he sounds nothing like Johnny Cash is quite a stretch,I guess we all have our wheelhouse and want the world to know that we know the difference.I have been listening to him forever.I think that he sounds quite a bit like Johnny.Thanx for the clip.Not near as good as Stan Ridgeway and Wall of Voodoo.This live version does not do it justice and it cuts out half way thru it...

Joe

I've always liked Cash and have most of his stuff. Like the early stuff and the last things he ever did. Still have several Sun 45's. Most of his albums.The kid that HH highlighted is good. No one except for his kin will every know what Cash sounded like at 16 as he was still still several years away from his first recording. I also liked lots of stuff he did with other "legends". One that wasn't bad at all, the "Highwayman". Sang and played with Kristofferson, we all know him... Me brudder Willie Nelson and Buddy Holly's original bassman, Waylon Jennings. Have a listen and please don't knock up and coming music dudes...they're trying to make a living in a very tough world.Thanks

I always enjoyed Cash's tunes but I saw him in person many years ago and it was painful. He was so wasted, he couldn't find his key most of the time. I was sorry I wasted my money to go and see him. For a personal appearance with no backup, I'd say this kid had him beat by light years. Not sayin' he'll stay that way but he's got it now.

Kind of looked like this

But Sang Like that

Well Wayne, it just might be!

My thoughts in posting this here were simply to let my brothers and sisters here, have a listen. I thought the kid did a great job and my co-worker here, an absolute "I have Johnny Cash tattoo'd to my butt" fan was amazed. Actually everyone I sent this to had the same reaction... pretty amazing for a 15 year old.

My back got up when of course, some folks here decided to shoot the kid down, rather than "enjoy" the clip as my original post suggested. I don't think I asked for your opinion, I simply suggested that you enjoy!

And before some of you jump all over that statement, please don't. I will be much more careful about what I share here from now on. Not because I don't want to share, but because I would rather not give a some a forum to display their continual negativity.

HH

Nobody shot the kid down! I enjoyed the clip.

And again I appologize if my opinion being different than yours offended you, perhaps we can ask the mods to enlist a new rule stating that all members have to agree with the Headhunter.

P.S find me somebody that you think sounds like Patsy Cline and we`ll start this all over again.

Well Wayne, it just might be!

My thoughts in posting this here were simply to let my brothers and sisters here, have a listen. I thought the kid did a great job and my co-worker here, an absolute "I have Johnny Cash tattoo'd to my butt" fan was amazed. Actually everyone I sent this to had the same reaction... pretty amazing for a 15 year old.

My back got up when of course, some folks here decided to shoot the kid down, rather than "enjoy" the clip as my original post suggested. I don't think I asked for your opinion, I simply suggested that you enjoy!

And before some of you jump all over that statement, please don't. I will be much more careful about what I share here from now on. Not because I don't want to share, but because I would rather not give a some a forum to display their continual negativity.

HH

No one shot the kid down and we all enjoyed the clip. You are entirely too sensitive. You make a big claim like "this kid sounds exactly like Johnny Cash" or "Channelling Johnny Cash" or whatever and you have to expect people to voice their comments. He just sounds like any other deep voiced guy singing Johnny Cash songs at the Karaoke bar. I think if you don't want comments to be made then you shouldn't post on a public forum.

Like someone else said, I'd like to hear him sing his own music. He might have a great career in front of him.

Nobody shot the kid down! I enjoyed the clip.

And again I appologize if my opinion being different than yours offended you, perhaps we can ask the mods to enlist a new rule stating that all members have to agree with the Headhunter.

P.S find me somebody that you think sounds like Patsy Cline and we`ll start this all over again.

Didnt I tell ya Habs suck and are Wimps.

But KnoWWWWWWWWW, you had to Hurt the Holdfasts feelings.

Maybe off the Subject a bit. But when I was in Bahrain, there was this Filipino Kid that sounded exactly like Elvis. Problem was, Myself and my Troopy Buddies could help not Laugh at the poor Boy. It kind of Gets to me to this Day, I have Nightmares about it.

Edited by holdfast