Small Stream Opener

Spiel

man i gotta get outt somewhere for some trouts.

i have no idea where some small steams are in my area though.

any help on fishing for these babies near the hamilton mountain would be appreciated. PM me if you like

i practice C & R

You can look here for a start. But the real work is in getting permission to fish as most of the area creeks are on private property.

Atlas of Brown Trout Waters in Ontario

One of these springs I'll have to return home and coax my old man into heading down to the creek to wet a line.

Do it soon, I'm sure you'll be glad you did. Takes me back to my childhood of fishing little stream brookies with my dad. :)

Well done Chris

Good to see ya out and about

Thanks Phil.

Chris,that is a nice Brown trout bud,what did Norm catch. :D

Steve

In a word.....nothing! :D

I love fishing the tough overgrown, and cluttered spots just enhances the sport of it all!

Beautiful and very healthy looking brown for sure

Its to bad the Spec's didn't show up, but that brown is great runner up ;)

Cheers

There's still time and I'm toatally motivated!

That's a beautiful fish. I love fishing small streams for browns too and can't imagine doing anything else on opening weekend. I was planning on getting out Sunday and Monday but with all this rain my stream is way to high and fast. I also have an ongoing feud of at least 4 years with a big brown in my stream. Hopefully I'll be able to out smart him this year and post a report on here too.

Thanks again everyone. :)

Have the brookies and browns always co-existed together in that stream?

Well Fidel they have co-existed since the browns were first introduced into this stream several decades ago. The area of the creek I'm fishing is the lower limits for specks as summer water temps tend to become too warm. Since they are in direct competition with the browns the specks here tend to average over 13"s and upwards of 18" to 19"s. In 10 plus years of fishing this area I can count on one hand the number of specks I've caught (seen) that are under 10"s, anything smaller is just a meal for the big browns. :D

Thanks again everyone. :)

Well Fidel they have co-existed since the browns were first introduced into this stream several decades ago. The area of the creek I'm fishing is the lower limits for specks as summer water temps tend to become too warm. Since they are in direct competition with the browns the specks here tend to average over 13"s and upwards of 18" to 19"s. In 10 plus years of fishing this area I can count on one hand the number of specks I've caught (seen) that are under 10"s, anything smaller is just a meal for the big browns. :D

Sorry, shoulda said co-habitated.. :rolleyes:

At least you found some time in which to get funky though!!