Spring Fishing Show

FLEX ROD

Okay here is the deal, I get a call yesterday tellining me that I entered a contest at the show and that I have won a garanteed 1 of 6 prizes and that I now have a 1 in 6 chance for the grand prize above and beyond my prize that I have won. All I have to do is come in draw my prize and in July they then do the grand prize draw, no time share bla bla bla this sounds interesting, butbeing the sceptic I just want to know if anybody else has gotten the same call?

Oh by the way, this is really the only thing that has pushed my radar button, all they ask for proof of ID which must be photo, no credit card or any thing else.

Oppinions are truly welcomed.

Thanks, FLEX :dunno:

Same thing happened a year or 2 back...

My GF got the call... same thing from the spring fishing show...

somewhere off of Airport Rd...

SCAM

Club Par Excellence was the "miracle savings" i had some fun with it...

don't waste your time...

Not all are scams. We've gotten a lot of the scam prizes, offers, etc..., but every once in a while it's the real deal. Whether its the trip, a week at a lodge , the brand spanking new boat.

Even if you have to listen to the cheezy 2 hour sales pitch, what did it cost. W've been to a few free gimme weekends. Some with the sales pitch, some with no strings. It is still 2 nights accomodation with a little entertainment kicked in.

Like they say; "Nothing ventured, nothing gained."

Tell them it's ok that they can draw the prize for you and to send it to your local post office. They can verify your ID and release if it matches.

When you get the call from the post office that your prize has arrived, maybe then get excited?

Otherwise...SCAM

Tony

Scam...if not a scam it is a sales ploy, which is just business I guess. But at any rate it is not that you won anything. I don't fill in any ballets at shows for just that reason.

There may never have been any such thing as a free lunch, and there really is not now. There is not anything that you see, read, or hear, that isn't there to sell you something (including, dare I say, this site).

Run as fast as you can.

Jim

Scam.... I used to get a call like that a couple times a month. Always the same pitch. Go some place by the airport. Sit through a presentation (usuallya travel lodge)....blah, blah,blah.

I filled out a free draw ticket ONCE in a mall. The free winnings came steady for about 5 years. I support all the local charity raffles here in the north and a NEVER have won anything (fine by me) so I find it very surprising that I've won over a hundred of these great prizes with only one entry(that I can account for).

Scam

muddler

Boy there are a lot of scared people here. Thats O.K. It increases the odds in my favour. We have done 3 weekends at a resort where they try to sell a timeshare. Have won 2 free weekends outright. Then there are the free BBQ, stereo, $100 in gas, $300 in cash ( last week), $80 for doing a Ford product review seminar.

Admittedly, I have not won the big prizes, but what did it cost me? Still cheaper than the lotteries.