There goes the neighborhood

tinbanger

It appears the house accross the street from us was the location for the most recent drug/gun bust in barrie!

GUN SEIZED

The Barrie Police street crime, drug enforcement, guns and gangs, and tactical support units executed a warrant on a home on Tuesday. Inside they discovered and seized a Glock 17 handgun, clip, ammunition and holster. They also found a small amount of marijuana and cash. A 29 year old man and 24 year old woman were both arrested and face several charges.

any one want to buy a house :D

All joking aside the guns part is no laughing matter.

TB

Edited by tinbanger

They never tell you if the gun was registered, and generally not what kind it was.

In this case they have to splash GLOCK all over the place. It could very well have been legal.

What were the charges. Not likely gun related. Or possibly the gun was locked up and a bullet was in an unlocked drawer so a charge of Unsafe storage of amunition would be in order.

Hey, I'm all for busting drug dealers, but I dislike trashing guns every chance they get.

Edited by Dara

They never tell you if the gun was registered, and generally not what kind it was.

In this case they have to splash GLOCK all over the place. It could very well have been legal.

What were the charges. Not likely gun related. Or possibly the gun was locked up and a bullet was in an unlocked drawer so a charge of Unsafe storage of amunition would be in order.

Hey, I'm all for busting drug dealers, but I dislike trashing guns every chance they get.

Yeah a little bit of pot must be the problem not the guns :wallbash:

I'm sure your neighbour was fine before they found anything....... :D

Ask them if they got their Gun returned.

seems to be poplar neighorhood . :D Another house down the street has been busted as a grow op twice!

Always a bit of a shock when its close to home.

TB

Yeah a little bit of pot must be the problem not the guns :wallbash:

Naw, I don't mean to be like that. I live in an area where half the population owns guns.

All the laws we have to abide by were made in an area that has gun problems.

If you bust a guy for real gun charges, lock him up. Make a few examples.

There will be a lot less of a problem for the rest of us

Edited by Dara

All the laws we have to abide by were made in an area that has gun problems.

Guns were never the problem, it was the gangs that started shootin' the place up that caused the issue.

Of course since the gun registry has been put into effect gangsters are now taking the time to register their guns before they kill people...stats can prove it!

All joking aside the guns part is no laughing matter.

TB

Why do you irrationally fear inanimate objects?

Green minivans scare me more than Glocks, because them and their drivers are more likely to kill me.

What he said.

Occurrence Type: Search Warrant – Possession of an unregistered restricted hand gun.

Occurrence #: BA09014963

Date: 21 April 2009

http://www.police.barrie.on.ca/node/2097

Why do you irrationally fear inanimate objects?

Green minivans scare me more than Glocks, because them and their drivers are more likely to kill me.

Why do you fear green mini vans ? why not red ones ? why not buicks?

Oh its the driver that worries you !

I have no fear of the gun , its the person who has possession of a (alledged) unregistered/illegal handgun who worries me . Purpose of the gun ? I could guess but that wouldn't be fair now would it ;)

My legal , registered guns have a purpose :) No need to fear me .

TB

Edited by tinbanger

Occurrence Type: Search Warrant – Possession of an unregistered restricted hand gun.

Occurrence #: BA09014963

Date: 21 April 2009

http://www.police.barrie.on.ca/node/2097

Perfect.

Next I would like to see the sentence.

We had an occurence like that last year.

Cocaine and guns.

$500.00 fine for the cocaine.

$400.00 fine for the unregistered loaded handgun hidden under his pillow.

If that ain't a deterent....well....

any one want to buy a house

You wouldnt want me living accross from you Dave.I would drive you insane with my blue box full of Tim cups.

That other house is the one on the corner right? Can believe there were two grow ops in that place, and they still sold it.