Waiting........

limeyangler

I hate this time of year.....WAITING FOR THE ICE TO MELT!!!!

My wife calls it my "talk to the lake season"....lol......its true....i talk to the lake willing it to melt.........is that wrong?, dont answer that...lol.

Anyhoo, there is still probably good ice out there......in some spots, but i aint as brave/stupid at the end of the year as i am at the beginning, i just dont trust melting ice.

I was gonna go for some lakers this afternoon, but after a quick trip to the bottom of the yard and a look at the ice, i was surprised to find it so far gone. Still obviously thick ice there, but a good 20 yards of really crappy ice around the margin changed my mind about heading onto a deep trout lake by myself......overcautious?...dont think you can be personally.

I was further convinced when speaking to the gas pump attendant in town, he said his buddy went to Gullwing lake for lakers 3 days ago....fine going out on the 4 wheeler, but coming back 10' of open water where it had been solid(ish) that morning, had to just pin it down and scoot across apparently.

Soooo......the watch and wait game begins..........

Was a beautiful morning here this morning

THE WAIT BEGINS

DEFINTELY NOT LONG NOW

IMG_3247.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

IMG_3254.jpg

SPRING IS IN THE AIR

IMG_3263.jpg

IMG_3250.jpg

IMG_3259.jpg

Edited by limeyangler

I know how you feel Simon :whistling: went through the same thing over here but now, waiting for trout opener..... just can't get here soon enough :wallbash:

You made a good decision to stay off of it :thumbsup_anim: I'm like you.... just don't trust it.

Like others said.... patience my good friend.... it'll melt pretty fast :)

Hang in there mate!!!

Jacques