My brother won his fight this weekend *Updated with Video*

steverowbotham

I made a post last week about my brother, Mike Rowbotham fighting this weekend.

He took on his toughest test to date in Dan Chambers.Fight Finder - Dan "Torture" Chambers' Mixed Martial Arts Statistics

Mike showed tremendous heart and took a bit of a pounding to start the fight, but in this game, you can't make any errors. Mike took advantage of a vulnerable Chambers and locked in a fight ending triangle choke at 3:46 of round 1.

Here's the video, I'll add pics later

RESULTS

130lbs - Rylan Coventry (Fort Mac) defeated Roger Redoble (Dynamic) by TKO 2:46 R1

WW - Clayton Golinowski (Pure - Red Deer) defeated Scott Switzer (CMC - Lethbridge) by KO 1:56 R1

WW - Antoine Lightning (Wetaskiwin) defeated Jason Tillsley (CMC) by Guillotine Choke 0:59 R2

140lbs - Ben Parachuck (Fort Mac) defeated Trevor McIlroy (CMC) by Split Decision

WW - Brandt Dewsbery (CMC) defeated Matt Krayco (Dynamic) by TKO (injury) 5:00 R1 Matt dominated first round until injury

MW - Robert Curtis (Calgary) defeated Sean Merkl (CMC) by Verbal Tapout R1

Merkl took a kick to the groin and after a couple minutes was ok to continue but about 20 seconds after the restart he signalled he had enough

MW - Mike Rowbotham (Karma) defeated Dan Chambers (CMC) by Triangle Choke 3:46 R1

HW - Mike Bullin (Medicine Hat) defeated Shawn Pauliuk (Wainwright) by TKO 1:46 R1

135lbs - Jesse Fox (Arashido) defeated Ryan Brigham (CMC) by Triangle Choke 3:33 R1

WW - Jordan Mein (CMC) defeated Chad Freeman (Kamloops) by TKO 2:20 R1

180lbs - Jesse Bongfeldt (CMC) defeated Dan Shenk (Prince George) by Rear Naked Choke 4:05? R1

Edited by steverowbotham

I'd say he got lucky.No insult here,I'd have tapped out when the ring girl came out but the other fighter looked to be carrying the fight.Toughest sport ever......gotta gives those guys plenty of credit.

I'd hardly call it luck. The jiu jitsu game requires patience and a lot of skill. Many fighters would have looked for a way out already

I don`t know what kind of money the lower rung guys make but man it looks like a tough way to make a living.

I would suggest that the guy your brother fought who now has a 14-11 record should seriously consider another line of work!!

It's not a full time job for most of those guys, its just a hobby more or less. Depending on your rank and experience, you generally dont make much money.

That was awesome... I especially liked how the guy faked he was going to let him up then got choked out!

I agree, I was so mad when he did that, its just a cheap shot. but then he got finished, so there ya go lol.

Also, I never mentioned in the original post, Mike was accidentally poked in the eye during one of the exchanges, but the ref never saw it. That was when he started to turn away from the strikes. He was blurry for about 30 mins after the fight, but is fine now.

I thought that was GSP for a minute!!

Good on your Bro for beating that guy. Not a sport I would be any good at, but it sure is great to watch!!

Now he's 2 & 2. good stuff

He's actually 3-2 now, there was an error on the announcers part. We won his last fight as well, putting him up to 2-2.

I don`t know what kind of money the lower rung guys make but man it looks like a tough way to make a living.

I would suggest that the guy your brother fought who now has a 14-11 record should seriously consider another line of work!!

You a fan of the sport? records are just numbers- you can be 5-0 facing a bunch of tomato cans or you can fight tough fights. I know guys with losing records that I would not put a headgear on with

Congrats to Mike on the win! Chambers has fought many tough guys- Claude Patrick, Johnathon Goulet, Nabil Khitab...

You a fan of the sport? records are just numbers- you can be 5-0 facing a bunch of tomato cans or you can fight tough fights. I know guys with losing records that I would not put a headgear on with

Congrats to Mike on the win! Chambers has fought many tough guys- Claude Patrick, Johnathon Goulet, Nabil Khitab...

Not to mention Joe Riggs who was once a UFC Welterweight title contender