Going fishing today?

motv8tr

Hey all, if you're heading up this way for a couple of fish, drive carefully. They are calling for snow squalls in the Barrie and surrounding areas all day today...watch out for the other guys, and leave your tempers at home :) . I'm looking forward to reading the reports when I get home from work tonight.

Maureen

yes and good morning to you as well maureen,its a cold one today with wind chills in the -30 range,and gonna get colder,no fishing for me asd im really sick our family has the flu.. :blush: ...julie and myself have to go to a walk -in clinic today as i have to work as well....its a good day to stay warm and watch a movie at home...cheers everyone and have a great day of ice fishing...be carefull

Well no fishin' for me for a while, I'm startin' 506 linear feet of privacy fence today... and word of caution, any OFNers that drop by will be put directly to work!!! ;)

Glen swing by and pick me up and I'll give ya a hand. Believe or not that is something that I enjoy doing, did about half that at my place a couple years back

Just wonderin'...

Do you commute between Penetang and the GTA every weekday?

Hey Clampet, yes I do the commute 4 days a week...I work 4 10hr shifts. Most of the time it's not too bad. I made it to just outside of Penetang tonight before I lost visibility. Hopefully the squall is done by the time I have to leave again in the morning. They are calling for squalls and high winds with low temps again tomorrow so bundle up everyone :D

Maureen

Funny Wayne, I thought you left yesterday....guess it was bad in the morning? I saw a few things on the news last night, would have made most people turn around.

Hope you do better today, but looking out the window right now it doesn't look good.

Maureen

Yep...we're still here Maureen. Yesterday I couldn't bring myself to waking Leah up to go and today a good foot of snow, WIND and I couldn't see my shop door when I looked out the back door at 8am...and you know how far that is..20 feet at best. Calling for a much as 40 more CM today/tonight with Gravenhurst area as much as 10cm/hr with a possible blizzard warning to come later today. Of course radar shows nothing anywhere else, just the huge squall over the immediate shoreline south of Georgian Bay = US and Collingwood area! The nice thing about working your own hours though...no pressure to hit the road just because it's the weekend....we'll try again tomorrow. Hope you had a safe trip to the city and back today.

Edited by irishfield

Wayne, I heard the weather and driving conditions were so nasty up your way this morning they even had to pull the snowplows off the road.

We've got absolutely no snow down this way at all, other than a couple inches of hard packed stuff that's been here for 2 weeks.

Hope it clears for you soon and you and the Mrs still get a chance to head to the cottage for a few days .

Thanks Lew. Just spent 2hr 45 plowing the laneway with the truck. Usually takes 45 minutes. Also did the neighbours for him..he had his van stuck in the snow bank and I had to push it out of the way first. He'd already been at it for over an hour with his small snowblower. They had just driven back from Huntsville..he was playing in the pond hockey tourney up there...took them 3 and a 1/2 hours to drive home..usually about 1hr - 30/1hr 45 max.

Just looked at temps and conditions for tomorrow.. -44C windchill and -30 temps up North and it looks like another 30 or 40 cm of snow overnight here. So I think tomorrow will be another snow plowing day and we'll try to head North Tuesday when the temps look to be rising considerably...well at least 10 degrees LOL

Enjoy you cottage Wayne, don't worry about your boat. It'll be there in another 4 months for the May 24 weekend. Now this is where we start getting the itch on open water. Did you know before you can get out in your new boat, it will be around another 100 days before the ice is out? Just wanted to to know bud. I'll remind you about this once in a while. Afterall, what are friends for???? :P

Wayne, I heard the weather and driving conditions were so nasty up your way this morning they even had to pull the snowplows off the road.

That must have been after I left at 5:15 this am to go to work. No snow really, blowing or otherwise. The hardest part for me was getting into Penetang as they hadn't plowed all the roads. There was 10-12 inches, took me 15 - 20 minutes to get into town, after than it was smooth sailing. Not too horrible coming home, after the plows pulled off the highway at Hillsdale I was able to do 50-60 most of the way home.

Maureen