Minnkota powerdrive V2?

scugpg

Hi all - I'm considering a 55lb powerguide bow-mount V2 for my 14' aluminum vhull. Does anyone use one of these? Looks like it'll do everything I need, but just wondering how the owners feel about it. How does the pedal steer the motor? Is it slow or nice and responsive?

Would also consider a Motorguide wireless motor so open to opinions on those as well :)

We have a 55lb Powerdrive on our 15' Legend. No complaints about it at all, lasts a good 2 days on a deep cycle battery. Extremely pleased with it.

The foot pedal takes some getting used to, I cheat all the time and use my hands :)

I actually have one (used 4 times) that I was thinking of selling, it came on my crestliner. It is a 55PD V2 - 54" shaft, I've been undecided about selling it and upgrading to something bigger. Like I said it's practically brand new. Send me a PM and make me an offer ( just under $700.00 + tax brand new). Sandro

I actually have one (used 4 times) that I was thinking of selling, it came on my crestliner. It is a 55PD V2 - 54" shaft, I've been undecided about selling it and upgrading to something bigger. Like I said it's practically brand new. Send me a PM and make me an offer ( just under $700.00 + tax brand new).

Sandro

Darn... I think the 54'' shaft would be way to long though , 48" is as short as they come and even then it's pretty long for my boat (I had my old 30" motorguide on there last week and it was under the water working. Thanks for letting me know though! B)

I have the 70 lbs for my 17 footer. I can easily get a long weekend out of the batteries under heavy use. The steering takes a bit to get used to. I like the auto pilot and the long cord. I can sit at the back of the boat and steer, it's great.

Don't be scared of the long shaft on the deal above. You can set how deep it goes in the water. For the rough days it's nice to be deep.

My next motor will have cable steer, I find the electric steer is to not quick enough.

That I was wondering about as well. Can you get extension pedals for the cable steers though?

I'm getting the impression that a 40 would do just fine on mine. Its probably about 375lbs boat/motor/gear.

You won't mind the extra power on windy days, or the extra 6 inchs when your fishing in wavy conditions. I have a 55PD on my 16 footer, its barely enough power and my 48" shaft is not long enough half the time. The depth is adjustable, the head being up a few inches won't matter. I would definatety go with the 55, and if that used one is a good deal don't let the extra shaft length stop you.

You won't mind the extra power on windy days, or the extra 6 inchs when your fishing in wavy conditions. I have a 55PD on my 16 footer, its barely enough power and my 48" shaft is not long enough half the time. The depth is adjustable, the head being up a few inches won't matter. I would definatety go with the 55, and if that used one is a good deal don't let the extra shaft length stop you.

Nice to know. I just have a 14ft aluminum tin boat, so I'm assuming 48'' should be plenty.

Anyone with a lighter 14ft boat use a 40lb on their bow? Just wondering how well it moves it. Looking at a difference of $150 between a 40 and 55lb motor.