Simcoe Ice out ?....perchin tomorrow ?

River Rat

looking for some advise.....the rivers are blown so option one is out.

I want to get out tomorrow, I have a boat and my electronics work just fine (lil shot there Stoty!)

I live in Oshawa so it's a bit of a haul to Simcoe, my V8 will eat $60 round trip so if it ain't worth going...I would like to know tonight. This info will also greatly effect the number of beers I plan to drink tonight. I was wondering if anyone would PM me with info so I can get out perchin tomorrow. I do a ton of steelheading so I will pay back with river and run reports (PM only of course) for anyone kind enough to help me out.

can I put in ? if so, where ?

Cheers

RR

well you will need to go to north west areas of the lake to find open water as the wind has pushed everything south east today

it looks like high winds from the same direction so if you can find a place to put in, it should stay open for the day

the rivers are high, I have never seen the Pefferlaw river running so fast before, the beaver and talbot rivers too

Well yesterday it depended on which part of Simcoe you were on, its a fair sized lake, and the winds were pushing the ice around. Where are you planning to launch from? I would say considering the winds today, and warming temps overnight, you should be safe to launch from the majority of the lake. If you mention which part of the lake you plan to launch from can give you more details, but most of the lake is now open, just stray ice floes around but not big enough to impede venturing out of almost anywhere in the lake.