Weekday trout

Joeytier

Got out on the lake by around 4 45 this afternoon to try for some trout. Arrived to some stern east winds, which wasn't very encouraging. We started trolling, and after about twenty minutes I get freight train of a hit, and after a few jumps, it gets off. <_<

For the next 90 minutes we plugged away without even a sniff.

Finally, at about 7 00, we established a pattern. We anchored off of a deep rocky point, and casted into the shallow water. In total, we went 4 for 7 on trout, and 5 chunky OOS smallmouth as a nice added bonus.

Slower than the last trip, but at least we got into some fish.

An average size fish for the day.

IMG_01545.jpg

The biggest trout of the trip, that I'd estimate to be around 6 pounds.

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

All fish were released.

Nice fish! Is your GPS unit mounted to your paddle??? If so, that is AWESOME lol!

Haha. Yes, it is. There's also a set of holes drilled across the paddle as well for baits. It really doesn't serve as a paddle at all, since it's screwed right into the boat. :lol:

Some nice browns there. :Gonefishing: You must have been the only boat out there.

There was one that left quite a bit before us. I swear I've never caught them the same way twice in a row before. I've fished that place two days in a row many times, and NEVER has the same technique been equally as effective both days. Browns are crazy fish.