Transducer Setup ( questions for inventors )

dsn

I was wondering for those folks who fish in a hut. How do you fix your transducer or wedge it against the huts floor opening with out the thing falling into the water. I usually just bring a coat hanger and stick the transducer through that and then wedge it against the wood half in the water half out and that works but I have lost many hangers cause of that. Or I can't seem to keep the same hanger through out the each ice season.

The transducer I have has the suction cup on it but thats useless on ice let alone wood.

Thanks for any suggestions.

If no one has any better ideas I gues I'll have to go back and use the old coat hanger thingy again.

Thanks for any suggestions.

dsn

DSN,I had mine always set up on a 1x2 and it was hinged to the floor. Just flip in and out of the hole. I had it set in a corner spot.

Hope that helps.

There is another way and thats bending a piece of 1/4 inch rod and making it so you can just stick it in a drilled hole and the other end rest in the water.

Edited by misfish

a small piece of pool noodle makes a great float for transducers. A slice part way thru, slide in the wire.....then a bit of duct tape and your off to the races.......just yank it out when you get that big one to the hole!!

Sinker

This is my set up. T shape and transducer just screws on the bottom if i can make it anyone can i am 15 years old lol.

Sorry bout the poor photo took it with my web cam to lazy to get digi.

mount.jpg

Edited by silvio